My 540 -- Pics -- Mostly Vieja

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Great set up, glad to see it has all come together for you.
Thanks! And you were right about that Jag, too. I had one for a while, a nice Honduran, and he just didn't work out at all. Too territorial, totally different routine, and he just took up too much of the tank. To keep the Jag, I'd have had to remove all but the oldest Vieja. There was lots of fighting, all day long. Even Vieja that would whip the Jag had to do it almost daily. Jag's are relentless.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Awesome stock, Ive always wanted a Paratheraps/Vieja tank.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
You have all my favirote fish bro. Tank looks awesome. Whos the boss ? Did the argentea pair up ?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
MFK"s back up, and I"ve been in front of the tank all week taking a class. Since you asked....the Zonatus is twice as long as the male BlackBelt. Blackbelt WAS keeping him in his place until today. Zonatus finally had enough, and they just went at it. Very quick, very fast fight between them with the Syn in the middle of it, too. Finally, the Syn got em separated, and she went to each end of the tank and put a quick beating on each of them. First one, then the other. So the Syn is the boss, and they all get along great except for the Zonatus and the male Blackbelt.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I added 2 Bocourti, a Convict, and 2 inch Zonatus I had growing out in a 125, too. They're a little small, but they eat and nobody picks on em much.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Update for May.... the video is at

Some pics....
Argentea.JPG Argentea2.JPG Bifa 2.JPG Bifa.JPG Bocourti 2.JPG Bocourti.JPG Breidohri.JPG Convict.JPG Midas 2.JPG Midas.JPG Trimac.JPG Trimac2.JPG Trimac3.JPG Zonatus.JPG

Reactions: utku982

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Beautiful fish! What is the fish in the 7th picture?
Thanks man. 7th from the top....the pink/purple fish on the bottom in teh pic is a Breidohri, and the one right above him in the pic is a BlackBelt. They're both male. Breidhori is 10-12 inches, the Blackbelt is about 8-9 inches. The Breidohri is pretty calm, but he's in charge. I had a Jag in this tank for a little while, and the Breidhori was ROUGH. They did not get along at all. Don't let teh color fool you, Breidohris are nasty until everybody agrees they're in charge. The Jag would never agree to that. The Blackbelt--he causes all kinds of trouble in this tank all the time. I have 2 of them, and the bigger one is nothing but trouble--but he's stayin! :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Ragin i love this tank. Probably my favirote collection of fish on the the site.

That black belt is beautiful as are the others

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store