MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
The one I found said he had a hide and then removed it. At least I think that's what it said... lol But I did see his midas were keeping it in check, which is good. My oscars were keeping my channel cat in check, so they might have a fighting chance during the temporary time the cat is in the 300 with them. But that won't be for a couple more months at least. :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
How long have you had it and what did the TSN actually take if anything?

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
hey, hows the hemibagrus doing? any idea of the species yet? i did remove my wyckii's hide a few times mainly so i got too see him, aggression either way is pretty similar and i always have the at least a few fish with ripped fins so dont expect a peacful tank, your oscars may be a bit delicate when yours decides its reckoning time, midas and butti never give up where as an oscar will swim on its side in the top corner if it feels beat. the only bottom dweller that can hack my fish is an unusually aggressive gibbi, currently looking for a home for my 10 inch irwini due to this. my guy is heading for 19 inch now but they are quite slender in comparison to rtc so i think he will be fine in my dd 300 for life, i dont expect him to ever pass 24 inch and im yet to see a tank kept fish pass this mark, have you tbtb?
heres a video, they are quite interesting regularly rolling on there back and are interactive although not very active with the lights on...
jag and butti are now sold.

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
He's doing well. Still in with the one peacock bass. They stay to their respective parts of the tank and haven't seen any aggression so far. The bass is finally on pellets so I'm power feeding it to bulk it up and move it out asap and give the cat the whole tank. In the mean time the cat has grown about an inch off of what I can only assume are scraps the bass misses. I added a pvc pipe for him to hide in and haven't seen much of him since. Lol

Still no idea on exact species. If I can get a good picture I'll post it, but like I said, he's in his pipe almost all the time.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Had it just under a month. I've got him to eat frozen bloodworms after lights out finally. I guess I'll have to work him up to other things after the bass move out. It's kind of hard to spot feed with 5 hungry 5" peacock bass in there with him.
I'd expect it to start eating well already, especially the fleshy offerings. Maybe it was fed funny before you got it, e.g., live, or it is shy / intimidated by the bass. Thinking of possible common reasons. If it is the same in 2 months, something's definitely off.

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
It's definitely eating what it gets, the problem now is the bass is eating everything I throw in, so there's not much on the bottom for the cat. Lol I've got some tricks tough that the bass hasn't seen to feed the cat, so I'm not too worried. :)

If it helps on the ID, it's all very dark grey with an all white tail with what looks to be a tiny lyre coming off the top of the dorsal

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store