pike group

DanyoWanyo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2010
STRONGBEACH
www.instagram.com
hey guys right now i have a acutirostris 8-9 in, lenticulata 7-8in, zebrina 9in, johana 5-6in, inirida iv 5-6in, and a regani all in one tank with 3 geos, a red texas, 5 silver dollars, 4 peacock bass, and a 8-9in bichir.
So far so good no casualties and everyone has been playing fairly nice other then the occasional gill flare and quick chase. hopefully will be able to keep them all in my 100 gal til i find a much larger home for them.

anyone else brave enough to house their pikes together?

I know of someone else who has 3 marmorata's, zebrina, atabapo I &2, and a lenticulata. a total of 7 pikes. everybody plays fairly nice in his tank cept for the atabapo I he tends to try to pick fits with everybody. All of them are about the same size. I feel as long as their are enough hiding places and you keep them well fed there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
I used to have 2 rio tapajos marmorata, 4 atabapo I, 1 inirida blood tear, 2 tapajos II cobras, 1 tapajos I red all in the same tank. It worked for a few weeks and looked like it would be a success but the inirida got really aggressive and the tapajos pikes slowly started getting picked on especially the cobras (my favorite) so I decided to seperate them they were 6-9 inches. All on pellets. I'm probably going to try again in a few weeks when my 300 is up to give them more room to run around. There was tiger silver dollars, reg silver dollars, a 9 inch bala shark and a 10 inch vulture catfish, 7-8 inch rotkeil severum and a heckelli geo as dithers. Gonna try again. atabapos I school together really well really want to keep them but they fight as a gang which is cool to watch until they seriously start to hurt fish you like better LOL

DanyoWanyo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2010
STRONGBEACH
www.instagram.com
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
just rescaped and did a water change.

crenicichla444 crenicichla444 yea in my friends tank the marms, and lent gang up on the atabapo I. as long as my zebrina is fine then i don't really care who beats up on who hahaha been debating on throwing a atabapo II in the mix

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Good luck. Sounds like a ticking time bomb to me. I have 4 c.minuano from 3 to 4'' in an unheated 40 breeder with plenty of hiding places and haven't had any issues yet, knock on wood.....

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
sooner or later you are going to lose fish, with that stock list that you have named being mostly lugubris pikes will get huge and to me for that to work I would say buy a huge tank with a lot of driftwood , so they wont see each other all the time.

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
just rescaped and did a water change.

crenicichla444 crenicichla444 yea in my friends tank the marms, and lent gang up on the atabapo I. as long as my zebrina is fine then i don't really care who beats up on who hahaha been debating on throwing a atabapo II in the mix
I'd be wary of that combo... I would seperate now if it was my fish. The saxatilis sp. looks anthurus or some inirida sp. (Not I) his tail is REALLY tattered that's a sign that the combo isn't working. I would definitely steer clear of Atabapo II they're more fragile than most lugubris in terms of water quality and stress I def wouldn't risk it. Even though my old 12-13 inch male was pretty mean when they're small they're very gentle and easily bullied.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
sooner or later you are going to lose fish, with that stock list that you have named being mostly lugubris pikes will get huge and to me for that to work I would say buy a huge tank with a lot of driftwood , so they wont see each other all the time.
I've actually found that keeping the tank bare and crowd them a bit will keep them peaceful. Otherwise one of the pikes will claim a territory and defend it.... promptly removing the wood and rocks then they became peaceful again. They were peaceful at first then I added decor to make the tank look better but they started fighting and a female claimed a hole and chased others so I removed it and it's been awhile they're doing fine. Now the atabapos and marmorata have been living peacefully for awhile.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store