trimming plants

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
have pretty easy to care for plants but am not surewhere to make the cuts when trimming damaged leafs. The two plants im trying to trimm down are brazillian pennywort and annubias bertieri and nanna. All a4e growing but how far do i cut the unwanted stem from the main parts of the plant ?

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
For anubias you'll want to cut damaged stems towards to base, and they will regrow. If you want the plant to cut the plant into multiple parts you'll want to cut just after the rhizome, which is a larger circular area at the base of the plant. I've not had pennywort but to the best of my knowledge it's grows mighty quick, so you could probably get away with cutting the choice stems without any issue.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
When anubias get too big, I slice the rhizome in a spot between 2 root groupings.
Just did it with this to make it into 2, because it started growing out of the tank.

Here's what I mean about a spot between root grouping, I just broke the rhizome here, below.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thank duanes i dont think i cut enough of the stem off. Will take care of it tomorrow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store