Finnex Sting Ray vs Current Satellite (not Plus)

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Has anyone compared these two lights side by side? I need a LED for a non planted 125...I have a Finnex Ray 2 on it right now, but it is too bright and I am going to be moving it to a planted 75 High Tech. These two lights are in my price point....I am familiar with Finnex and like their products ( I have the Ray2 and a Planted +) so that is the way I am leaning.

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
I have a current satellite (but it is a plus) 48" and I really do love it. No plants, but it handles the 24" depth no problem and i really like the rolling clouds setting.

Reactions: TripleW

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I have a current satellite (but it is a plus) 48" and I really do love it. No plants, but it handles the 24" depth no problem and i really like the rolling clouds setting.
That light would probably be my choice If it wasn't more than I wanted to spend. Sounds Like an awesome light!

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Really? Was it a refurbished one?

savannah_az

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
az
It was, but it was marked "nearly new" and I gotta say there is NO signs of wear, it works perfectly, and I figure even if it has some time on the led's, its a drop in the bucket and I'm sure ill get my time out of it.

Reactions: TripleW

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Wow! Thanks a lot, I just may go that route!

Ryan_R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
Athens, OH USA
There's a difference between the Current Satellite, Sat plus, and Sat plus pro.

I have the Sat plus on one of the 125's. No plants, plenty of light for fish.... and *totally* customizable. I paid a little less than $100 through my LFS. The Finnex units were FAR more expensive, IIRC.

-Ryan

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
There's a difference between the Current Satellite, Sat plus, and Sat plus pro.

I have the Sat plus on one of the 125's. No plants, plenty of light for fish.... and *totally* customizable. I paid a little less than $100 through my LFS. The Finnex units were FAR more expensive, IIRC.

-Ryan
Not the Finnex Stingray. It's $66. 48 inch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store