Feeding Tips for Retic?

SMSChris

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2014
Earth
I've got a little female Reticulated Ray. She's about 4" around and lives quite happily with my twice-as-wide-as-her Motoro male. The Motoro is a beast at feeding time and will eat any and everything out of my hand. The Retic, not so much. So far the only thing she will eat at all are frozen bloodworms. I want to try to get her to eat shrimp and everything else that the Motoro goes for, but if it isn't the bloodworms she spits it right back out and continues on her way. So do you guys have any tips or tricks to get this little finicky eater onto other foods?

SMSChris

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2014
Earth
this is what i did, i will soke the shrimp with bloodworms together.. then feed the shrimps with the bloodworm together.. will take time.. i convert rays eating hikari foodsticks before with the same method :)
I'll definitely be trying that out tonight. Everyone in the tank eats shrimp except for the little Retic and it bothers me.

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
Mine would eat tilapia.. She was the exact same way. I cut the tilapia up small because there mouths are little.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store