Feeding Arowana Crickets Who Were Fed Kool-Aid... ????

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
The other day I stopped in at a LFS that I hadn't been to before. I saw some baby aro's in a tank and started chatting with an employee there about them. After a while, he told me something I found kind of strange. He said he used to feed his silver arowana crickets-- but not regular crickets. He would feed them kool-aid for a few weeks prior to feeding them to his aro. He claimed that this helped bring out its colors (fruit punch for red, grape for purple, lemonade for yellow, etc). I was wondering if this is legit or not. I do remember that a while back I tried coating my peacock bass's food in paprika to bring out his red colors, which worked to a certain extent, but eventually I found that switching to pellets was more effective. Is this the case here as well? Just thought it was a bit strange and wanted to share.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
If you believe that have I got a deal for you. You can earn half a million a day, in tolls, for the rock bottom price of purchasing this slightly used, but in great condition two level bridge.
The red dye in the kool-aid will cause the fish to go a slight tinge of red. The same goes for feeding high doses of astaxanthin. At least the astaxanthin will do the fish some good.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Was the person at the lfs named Jim Jones?

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
If you believe that have I got a deal for you. You can earn half a million a day, in tolls, for the rock bottom price of purchasing this slightly used, but in great condition two level bridge.
The red dye in the kool-aid will cause the fish to go a slight tinge of red. The same goes for feeding high doses of astaxanthin. At least the astaxanthin will do the fish some good.
Yeah, I figured it was a load of crap. Thanks for letting me know lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store