Eheim 2217

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
I'm looking to get an Eheim 2217 for a 55 gallon tank. I know that around 2013 or so, they moved production from Germany to China.

When I look at the reviews on Amazon, all the reviews up to 2012 seems to all be 4 and 5 star reviews (with far more 5s than 4s). After 2012, it's a mixed bag. All 31 of the 1 star reviews are from "china made" purchases, if the date of posting is any indication. The 2 star reviews are the same. All 2012 and newer.

So I'm worried that Eheim isn't what it used to be, and I should avoid getting this filter.

Does anyone have any experience with the new Eheim Chinese made units?

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I guess that I dont exactly know when mine was made...I bought it new from another hobbyist....I have no idea how long he had it. I think that it is a fantastic filter and works awesome for 55 - 75 gallon tanks....I will try and remember to look on mine tonight for a production date.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
You can't go wrong with Eheim. Product is the same. I have 6 canister filter's at home some new some old.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I never had any leak with my eheim caninset's. Don't worry.... If filter is not damaget and o ring is fit then is imposible to leak ;)

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Eheim's don't drain your tank. That's why people (me) pay extra for them--trust. As long as that lid isn't leaky (prolly even if it IS), you're good. They sell eheim shutoff valves that you close to take the canister out that keep the tank from draining out of the open lines when the canister is disconnected--I highly recommend those.

apastuszak

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphack.com
Eheim's don't drain your tank. That's why people (me) pay extra for them--trust. As long as that lid isn't leaky (prolly even if it IS), you're good. They sell eheim shutoff valves that you close to take the canister out that keep the tank from draining out of the open lines when the canister is disconnected--I highly recommend those.
If my Eheim cracks and springs a leak, how does it not drain my tank?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Just a suggestion, but since its just a 55, why not make life easy and pop an AC110....or better yet, two AC70?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store