A Game Of Thrones

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Im not sure you can pick up on book four and be fine. Characters names have been changed, there's over a thousand named characters, stories are told from characters you've never heard of, etc etc. I'd expect it to be confusing as heck.

Anyways, it's kinda predictable that the show would be forced to venture off script as George rr Martin has been slow as heck. From my understanding they're proceedings n with season 6 with very little input from him. We're gonna end up with 2 different products

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I wonder why some of the names have been changed?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
That makes sense, and means i need to rethink whether or not i want to read that many novels...

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I still think that ADwD would be palatable to most TV show fans. 85% of that book is Dany, Tyrion and Jon. The tertiary characters might be a bit hard to follow, but the general story wouldn't be. AFfC on the other hand? THAT would be a tough read.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I still think that ADwD would be palatable to most TV show fans. 85% of that book is Dany, Tyrion and Jon. The tertiary characters might be a bit hard to follow, but the general story wouldn't be. AFfC on the other hand? THAT would be a tough read.
Yeah. So do we stop watching the show to finish the books or just deal with some book spoilers? Lol.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Yeah. So do we stop watching the show to finish the books or just deal with some book spoilers? Lol.
The show is pretty ahead of the books, and by the end of ADwD the story is so different you wouldn't be spoiled anyway.

EDIT- Actually, do NOT read the last Jon chapter if you get ADwD and have only watched the show.

DO NOT READ THAT LAST CHAPTER. I SAY AGAIN, DO NOT READ THAT LAST JON CHAPTER.

Last edited:

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ I think at this rate i'd more likely finish the TV series before ever picking up the books, just because i have a feeling if i don't read it from the start i'll start getting frustrated not knowing who is who...

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
The show is pretty ahead of the books, and by the end of ADwD the story is so different you wouldn't be spoiled anyway.

EDIT- Actually, do NOT read the last Jon chapter if you get ADwD and have only watched the show.

DO NOT READ THAT LAST CHAPTER. I SAY AGAIN, DO NOT READ THAT LAST JON CHAPTER.
What if grrm tells them some upcoming major events?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store