The Truth about Green Terror Growth?

Cichlidshady

Banned
Aug 22, 2014
dallas
I have a small green terror the same size as my carpintis and here how much of slow growers they are. Even if I feed it a varied diet including hikari pellets and bloodworms 2X a day will it still be outgrown by the Texas in a matter of months? The green terror is also dominant if that would change the effect. How slow do they even actually grow? By this Fall what size is it capable of getting to? I can't seem to find any time lapse videos for green terrors so im going to take the action to make on for mine as well.

fernie831

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
CA
well the texas is also a slow grower I got mine about 10 months ago when it was about 1.5in and now is just under 5in so if you are worried that the texas might outgrow the green terror u should be fine. if u want a faster growth rate then more water changes would help.

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
How big is the gt at the moment. I had a 2" gt who didn't grow at all for the first month in the 50 gallon, moved him to the 135 and he has put on 2" in two months. I've found tank size really does effect growth.

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
My Male white saum grew from about 1.5" to about 6" in about 6 months and then slowed right down after that. If you feed them multiple times a day and do frequent water changes I think you would see some decent growth rates. I think if you have a female though you will see a lot slower growth rates unfortunately.

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
I've only had one, but in 6 months with 80% weekly water changes, a varied diet of massivore, NLS, Fluval, Omega One, and bloodworms/shrip it's gone from ~2 to 5 inches.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
There's also always the "runt" factor. I've grown a batch of same species together and there tends to be a great differences amongst the growth rate among certain individuals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store