What to expect from the amazing L25?

mrtoofay

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2012
california
This is definitely not a problem I always keep a QT tank set up. Having discus it's a must. It's good to know about the de-wormer. I never thought about that being that they are wild as I usually keep captive bred discus. Would you have a specific de-wormer that you suggest? I did get it from a reputable seller but again always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for the advice I will make sure to put it into practice starting tomorrow.
I use some heavy duty stuff I got in Taiwan, the same thing used by many farms, for bad outbreaks. That stuff kills all the BB too! For regular and preventative use, prazipro should be ok. It's mild enough for most fish including rays. I usually do cycle of 5 day treatment 3 times. I am in no way an expert on that, so quick google will get you plenty of info online.

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
A quick update! I got my guy in today. See pics below. I acclimated him for a while because there was a decent difference in PH but after I dropped him in I snapped a few pics and then turned off the lights for tonight.

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Been a long time since I updated on this guy. Figured now that we are almost a year in it would be good to post some updates. After 10 months in my tank he is finally starting to accept that he is safe and will come out during feeding times and not just hide in his cave until I turn the lights off. He has only hit about 3" total so there has not been much growth. I had a slight scare with him at one point as he got a pretty nasty cut on his head. Not sure how it happened but I immediately moved him to a QT and treated with aquarium salt and medication. He healed up nicely and is not back to his old self. Possibly even better considering he now eats like a champ and is starting to run the tank.

Reactions: MHDevelopments

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Most people do alittle to much for a new pleco or any other fish (like checking on it every 15mins) and end up just stressing it out more and things turn for the worst. Just make sure it fine in the QT tank or main tank and let it be, make sure it has food and it eating other than that it super shy but hardy once you get it pass the danger period(first month) black worms is a great source on protein to fatten it up quick(if it come in skinny) also most pleco will not turn down black worms.

Good advice......

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Fish looks great... they do take some time to come around. Had an L200 i didnt see for 6 months same is happening right now with an L600

mikiel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2014
Burbank, CA
Fish looks great... they do take some time to come around. Had an L200 i didnt see for 6 months same is happening right now with an L600
Yeah this guy got injured, went into a QT Tank and then when he came back healed he seemed to be a different fish. Not sure what epiphany he had while in QT but he has been amazingly interactive since and is always ready for food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store