Screw fluval 304!!!

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Well there's a couple things that you may have forgotten, its a bit long but this video goes over everything

Just follow the steps, there are a couple steps so you might have missed one of them!

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Never used a pump on the fluval filters, just get the syphon going in and they go. Although being from the 04 series it is an old filter.

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I usually fill mine up with water.....pump the priming handle until bubbles stop coming out of the output..plug it in..done.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
ya not to insult but did you put some water in the can before trying? that's a step ive forgotten several times on all my canisters lol.

Aaroncboo1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2012
Lockport IL
I always use a small pump to put water through it that usually starts it without having to pretend like you're a lonely teenage boy. Lol I've actually broke the key a couple of times.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Is this a new filter or second hand. if second hand may be the little ball in the intake strainer is missing. If that ball is not in there it will be very hard to get going. So checheck right where the water comes in the intake pipe. There is a cage so to speak take it off and check there is a ball in there.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
The 04 series didn't have a check valve ball in the intake, or at least mine didn't.

That's an old filter, at least 10 years old probably. There's alot of things that could be the issue. Nothing wrong with the 04 series I just retired a 104 that was like 15 years old.

Make sure the canister filter is full of water first, check the hoses for leaks, make sure they aren't drawing air. Check the main oring, lube it with silicone gresse. Check the impeller for damage, make sure it's seated right. Try putting the outlet above the water level so it can purge air

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
yeah i full the canaster with water and start pumping but i never tried seeing till it makes bubbles then plugging it in ima try tht when i get home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store