Search results

1. JCA

For Sale  FS - Moving Sale - Seattle, WA - Shipping or Pick-Up

Hey all, Haven't been real active on here in a while, but I have still been keeping freshwater and reef tanks going. Anyway, I'm now moving across the state and need to take some time off from my fish keeping habits to make it all happen. I'm selling off what I have at the moment. Anything can...
  2. JCA

DIY pvc overflow question/concern

IMO you'd be much happier returning that and getting the 1-1/2" PVC pipe and fittings.
  3. JCA

Not that I know of. I had thought their largest was a bit smaller than the Eshopps 1800
  4. JCA

I have an Eshopps 1800 set up on my 180 with the dual 1-1/2" drains and a 2100 GPH return pump (at zero head) with about 5 ft of head and I have to throttle that back even. I love the overflow box though, it runs flawlessly.
  5. JCA

Adding O2 to sump return

Thanks for the input guys! I'll post pictures of my attempts and what seems to work best.
  6. JCA

Adding O2 to sump return

I'm thinking of trying the method of drilling a hole at the top of the return line (directly into the 90) and sticking an air tube down first.Then if that isn't sufficient, I'd run with a venturi setup.
  7. JCA

Adding O2 to sump return

Exactly what I was looking for...I just couldn't figure out what it would be called. Thanks!
  8. JCA

Adding O2 to sump return

Hi All, Wanted to pick your brain on adding oxygen to my 180 gallon fw tank. I already have a ton of surface agitation and flow using a sump and circulation pumps for laminar flow, but wanted to add bubbles for a bit more whitewater effect for my ATF. I could always place an airstone below...
  9. JCA

New fish and many more to come 11/2014!!!

E-mailed you about Tat and TATF.
  10. JCA

FS changing my stock 90706

Are you willing to ship the larger vulpinus?
  11. JCA

Hydrolycus Tatauaia - Seattle, WA - Shipping or P/U

Hello All, Very interested in obtaining a Tat up to 6-7". Please let me know if you have one available. Thanks, Jake
  12. JCA

Looking for a single 'Beast' for a 29 gallon.

Adding to Simcan, I've got a 3.5" Leopard Ctenopoma in my 180 and it easily takes down feeder guppies. However, they are slow growers and mine would need another inch or two before it could take down a 2" feeder.
  13. JCA

Green Terror Questions

Do you have pics? Generally, you'll see orange on juve GTs at that size IME. Maybe you have Blue Acaras?
  14. JCA

Scomb advice needed

The thread I'm referring to was discussing Scombs. http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?376518-Hydrolycus-Scrombrodies-Scombs-questions&highlight=Scomb+growth
  15. JCA

Scomb advice needed

Interesting, thanks for the info guys! I had read on another thread that people were experiencing growth rates from 3"-8" in a 6-7 month period. After that the growth rate slows down a ton, but by that time he would be big enough to avoid being eaten by the aro. I've had a 2 footer with much...
  16. JCA

Scomb advice needed

Hey Guys, Ordered a 2-3" scomb that'll be here sometime this week. I have two options for him... A) toss him in the 180 gallon in my signature. All the fish are juveniles and has a lot of flow from a 55 gallon sump. B) toss him into the sump and use it as a growout. I could keep it a...
  17. JCA

Baby Gar Casualty

Hey Everyone, Bad news! When I was gone for the weekend, something happened with my baby Gar (spotted?) and he lost almost the entire top half of his snout and a portion of the bottom as a result. I'm not exactly sure if he had a run in with a tankmate (all juveniles) or the small powerhead...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store