Search results

1. D

paddlefish

Ive spoken with the curator of the Milwaukee County Zoo about paddlefish. From what I gathered it sounds like you would have to move him out of there when he gets too. Since he would be pellet trained a wild release would not be recommended. These fish never stop swimming (they're filter feeders)
  2. D

Python Water Changer

I use my python to do water water changes on a 560g and on a 440g system. I feel like I'm wasting a lot of water that could be going to my garden! Is there any sink attachment that allows me to hook up an additional hose rather than watching money go down the drain? My plants will thank you!
  3. D

Mean Bull Snake

The temp is good. I was able to take him out today but I'm still not comfortable enough to handle himwith two hands (I use one hand and a stick). He's difficult to get out. Any tips on getting him out? I've been grabbing his tail and using a stick to support his upper body.
  4. D

Mean Bull Snake

Hola, I just recently got 2 bull snakes. Our male is around 5 years old. I have handled him successfully once. But now when I open his cage he begins hissing and vibrating his tail. Now I don't even want to try to take him out. This snake is used for educational purposes and needs to be people...
  5. D

Requirements for Freshwater tank: Am I missing anything?

Dude? Why ask others for advice when you just tell them what to say? Everyone answered your question and you seem to already know the essentials.
  6. D

Beach sand set up

That is not recommended because it has a high calcareous content. This will harden your water and many fish and plants dislike hard water.
  7. D

Water Testing

P.S. I just tested our tap water and got a reading of .3 ammonia!
  8. D

Water Testing

I maintain a 3 tank, 430 gallon system.The first tank has 3 native turtles, second has 6 native adult fish, third has about 8 native minnows. This system has been set up for about 3 years. It is filtered by one wet/dry filter and one fx5. I just recently tested - .3 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 30...
  9. D

Feeding Problem

I'm still a little bit concerned. They have been in that tank for months and have never gone for a pellet. All the other fish go nuts over them. If they haven't gone for them yet, is there still hope? Are there any other pellet training techniques?
  10. D

Feeding Problem

I have 2 shortnosed gar around 14in and 2 bowfin around 8in. I keep only one pair in the main 210g. The other pair stay in a 75g. The display pair has been in there for maybe 4 months. Neither one of them has even acknowledged the pellets the other fish eat. I'd like to get them on non-living...
  11. D

Feeding Problem

Hola, I maintain a native 210g stocked with 2 perch,1 bluegill, 1 bullhead, 1 gar and 1 bowfin. All of which are adult sized. I put in about 20 bait shop feeder fish once a week and feed pellets/worms every other day. The gar and the bowfin won't eat the pellets and rarely catch the worms (the...
  12. D

Neosporin on Reptiles

I have a Bull Snake with an infection around and under his anal plate. I took him to the vet and he prescribed a prescription. We used all of it up and were wondering if Neosporin was a safe alternative.
  13. D

What is up with these fish?

How would I treat? Salt? Meds?
  14. D

What is up with these fish?

White bumps on the bluegill's mouth and one white bump on the yellow perch's side. I don't have any water parameters - sorry. Any ideas on what this is????
  15. D

Overflow Prefilter

WOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! That's awesome man! This helps a lot! Is the bypass ball valve a 3-way?
  16. D

Overflow Prefilter

Could I do this inside my internal overflow?
  17. D

Overflow Prefilter

That's dead on!
  18. D

1/2HP Emerson Water Pump

I got the pump with the sump. I'm not sure if the guy ever used it on the sump though. The overflow on our tank has 2 drains and 2 returns. How would I figure out how much flow my overflow/sump can handle?
  19. D

1/2HP Emerson Water Pump

The tag says 1/2 HP. Any idea on the GPH?
  20. D

1/2HP Emerson Water Pump

This pump will be running on a wet/dry for a 560 gallon native tank. The filter will be set up the the basement below the tank. There will be at least 8 feet of head height. Does anyone have an idea on the GPH for this pump, head height included?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store