Search results

1. T

Hello, Does anyone know any...........

I'd recommend posting a new thread maybe in the marketplace asking this question, instead of resurrecting every old thread about pickerel. Or try Aquabid. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. T

Circle Hooks Lower Catch Rate for Offshore Anglers, Impacting Recreational Fishing

They work fine unless you are conditioned to set the hook or pull while the fish is running towards you. My experience with both fresh and salt water fishing is that if you do it right, you'll get a corner of the mouth hook up. I've even been successful fishing largemouth with a senko hooked...
  3. T

New rod opinions

Guilty. Just like we learn way more than people think we should from our aquarium hobby, I've learned way too much about fishing rod construction and components from rod building. I had never held a Clarus until last week. It wasn't this year's model but its a nice rod. If I wasn't rolling...
  4. T

New rod opinions

The Clarus rods seem good. I just rewrapped one for my neighbor. Decent components but not necessarily what they advertise. :) Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  5. T

New rod opinions

For a production rod, I like St. Croix rods. I've switched almost completely to custom rods. They can be pricey but they are worth it in my opinion. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  6. T

When only 1 rod isn't enough

Yeah, definitely tanglefest. Though, I may have to build one for the conversation aspect. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  7. T

Treating Ich in a Planted Native Tank

I just had to deal with Ich for the first time in years. It was in a planted Florida native Killi and molly tank. I got a bottle of Quick Cure and it took care of it within a few days. No heater needed. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  8. T

American Eel

I used to catch tons of then about 2 feet long by throwing some cut bait in a minnow trap and sinking it off the dock on the river in NH where I lived. Leave it over night and you'd have at least 5 the next day. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  9. T

ID this monster

That's where I caught it. Breeding for the challenge and experience. Definitely not profit. :) Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. T

ID this monster

That's what I figured. Maybe I'll just catch one to keep. They are pretty cool and there are lots of them there. Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. T

ID this monster

Sailfin is a descriptive name but I'm not really up on "pleco" classification. What would it take to breed these things? Would it be worth it assuming I could acquire a male and female? Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store