Search results

1. B

Could I keep a Gar?

i would say yes and you shouldn't have any problems. I have a 14" florida spotted gar for over a year now and he lives with a FW eel, Jack Dempsey, Tinfoil barb, a Bichir, 2 Plecos and a baby turtle. The gar has not attacked, nudged or nipped at any of them. The only worry i have is any fish...
  2. B

keeping temps normal during hot days

I would take the lid off and go to home depot or something and get some bird netting to cover the tank so they don't flop out and then get a fan to clip on the side of the tank to help cool it off. but with those fish you have in the tank i would worry if it gets a little warm in there. if its a...
  3. B

DIY Plywood 1200Gallon -Officialy Started

looks awesome ,aybe ill do something like it in the future. cant wait to see the end result
  4. B

just wondering if this can be done

i thnik you would have to make some sort of home made filter. but that looks like it would be a fun project
  5. B

Would this work as a DIY filter ??

i think it would work but i would reverse the whole thing and siphon water out of tank to go to bottom of barrel then have it filter up thru filter filter medium and then use pump out of top and back to tank. then the water is forced thru filters and you get less bypass, especially when your...
  6. B

Made my own decor woth slate pieces

that looks like it would be nice. good places for fish to hide
  7. B

*** Oct. POTM Winner ***

thats an awesome pic
  8. B

Lets see what's in your stand! mechanical photo's

wow you guys put my set up to shame. I have a home made canister filter made out of a 5 gallon bucket. it works great but doesnt look like much.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store