Search results

1. CanadianKeeper

Brown water issues

Small pool might hold you off till move date. No idea if that is possible for you or not.
  2. CanadianKeeper

Thank you

forms are generally full of helpful people who want to share knowledge and lessen learning pains for others! Our hobby is definitely a small one. It is hard to find others interested. The forms help a ton! New and old fish keepers!
  3. CanadianKeeper

I am no longer a Monster Fish keeper.

Beauty betta! I let my better half pick out the betta with a little over sight from myself. I picked my top 3 and she picked the final. I was very drawn to an all black crown tail. How big was your piranha tank!? Is that betta living in luxury?! lol
  4. CanadianKeeper

Very true, even just talking about when I was cycling the tank before adding my little betta people seemed to get overwhelmed by just the cycle lmfao.
  5. CanadianKeeper

Thats a downsize for sure also! Hurts eh ? lol
  6. CanadianKeeper

I had a 125 FOWLR salt, 180 fresh, 90 fresh, 55 fresh, 35 salt, 10 gal salt. Fish keeping larger fish or multiple tanks is a thing of the past now sadly. For a few years at least.
  7. CanadianKeeper

Well, reality hits some times. You need to move, new houses ect. I came to the realization I am no longer able to be a monster fish keeper for at least 5 years. I did not let that stop me though! I got a small fish with big attitude! I picked up a fluval flex 9 Gallon to put my show Plakat...
  8. CanadianKeeper

What is the largest tank you would put in an upstairs room?

Pretty straight forward question. I know somewhere on the net this is broken down. I feel like a 90 gallon was the cap for modern day homes. What would you do? I have a 55 upstairs. Considering upgrading to a 75. New town house built in the last 3 years. In a corner of an exterior wall but...
  9. CanadianKeeper

My return .... Starting small

I got back into it with a 55! Welcome back!
  10. CanadianKeeper

Help me with my filter and dirty water!

I may have to demonstrate, I did just say a pinch. Im surprised that I have this issue. I have a "rated 75 gallon" and a "rated 50" gallon HOB filters... I know that rated and actual are different but still... im over 2x "rated"... I think I may just full send an Fx4 or a 407 if this fine...
  11. CanadianKeeper

Help me with my filter and dirty water!

I will attach photos to show more clearly. Initially my tank was crystal clear, ovb. Cycled and in go the fish. I left for work for 2 weeks and came home to this issue. The water parameters are fine, fish are healthy. Had a little bit of an algae break out. Picked up a Chinese algae eater and he...
  12. CanadianKeeper

Any good internal filters for 125g tanks?

Internal sumps are cool! I feel you with the HOB pain. My tank is in a main area so I dont want a canister either. I got the tidal 75 for my 55 gallon. Maybe run two of them. Super quiet, have skimmers and flow adjustment.
  13. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

final result
  14. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

I like this idea!! tank looks great!
  15. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

Haha, A gulper cat gets way to big!
  16. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

Updated pic with second filter... Likely will get rid of the topfin... Its so loud! The tidal75 should be enough.
  17. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

I have the top fin HOB that comes with it (assuming it comes with a 55 it should be good enough for it) and a tidal 75 on it... The topfin filter is TRASH though, SO LOUD. The impeller is such a racket. I will likely be buying a canister in a few months anyways though because the...
  18. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

Love the sounds of that! I honestly am getting annoyed that im limited in my fish choice because of size. Sadly my job will have me move a fair amount so I dont want to invest into a big tank again.
  19. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

Thanks, this filter is kinda loud... Buzzy... I always used aquaclears in the past... They are still popular I see... After looking around the Seachem Tidal series seems to be the new kind for quiet operations... Any thoughts?
  20. CanadianKeeper

Im back! Sorta...

It has been a while since my last "monster" tank. Picked up this 55 and kit for a steal boxing day sale. First time building a stand from scrap. I dont think I did to bad.... We will see if it holds! I yoinked a common design so it should be ok. Now, I was thinking back to my roots, a JD...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store