Search results

1. G

What would an OB x sunshine benga Peacock look like?

Just out of curiosity what would the cross look like? Would some look like OB and some yellow or would their colors mix together? I'm familiar with CA hybrids just not how Peacock hybrids would turn out.
  2. G

Pvc overflow to a siphon

Basically what I want to do is turn turn my PVC overflow into a siphon where when its time to do a water change all i have to do is open 2 ball valves and all the water would drain out.
  3. G

Pvc overflow to a siphon

I made a PVC overflow with a drip system but want to convert it to a siphon so I have an easier way to drain it. Can I cut the overflow at the light blue circled in the picture to make it a siphon?
  4. G

Festae x Carpintis

There's a guy on a FB group who breeds them and they look really cool. Some have a Texas body with the festae bars.
  5. G

Fascinated by Red Texas

That 4th is really nice. The pearls and the color.
  6. G

2 male Ram's in 20 gallon??

20 long should be ok with a good amount of cover. Breaking the line of sight is important. 20 tall might be ok too but it's kind of crammed.
  7. G

Fenestratus growth?

In optimal conditions are they quick growers 1" a month or slow growers 1/2" a month? How's they're personality? I've read that they are hyper fish that are always on the move.
  8. G

Texas or Carpintis?

Looks more carpintis but it could have cyano blood mixed in. I treat any type of "texas" at a LFS as a mix of the two. Just like if you see a red devil or midas at the store, it's probably a hybrid.
  9. G

Who's got some Jeff Rapps "blood red" red devils?

Was that male sold as a"blood red" one? He looks good but man your dovii is badass.
  10. G

Who's got some Jeff Rapps "blood red" red devils?

Let's see some pics. Curious to see if theyre still that red.
  11. G

Florida canal cichlids

Who's catching them? Any monster size oscar, jaguars or red devil / midas? Final question? Is anyone selling some? I know red devil / midas are common but the color on some of them are amazing!
  12. G

Red dovii??? (Xanthic dovii)

Wow! Is this history in the making? In a couple of years will we see "red" dovii?
  13. G

Short body green terror?

Ooh a grown EBJD. Nice! It's almost as nice as your polleni creeping in the pic. Lol I'd say your shortbody GT could work out. Just because it's smaller doesn't necessarily mean it'll get picked on. Once it matures, it may gain that confidence attitude that I've seen with older green terrors. I...
  14. G

Trimac with?

My boy had a 125 with a 12" male Trimac with a female, pair of RTM and a jaguar and there was no issues for months. I was quite shocked that he had no issues. It's so true how cichlids can have totally different personalities.
  15. G

Good pond cichlids?

I'd suggest any Texas cichlid, carpintis or cyanoguttus. I've kept my red texas hybrids (1/2 carpintis) in my outdoor pond in Chicago for our few months of "summer". Our weather is all over the place. We had a few nights of upper 50s and they all survived. This year I tossed in 3 300 watt...
  16. G

Are we really treating our fish right?

I think you guys are misunderstanding my point. Lol really? Food vs pets. 2 totally different things buddy. Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  17. G

Are we really treating our fish right?

I watched the documentary Blackfish awhile back and if you haven't seen it give it a watch. Basically its about how SeaWorld keeps their orcas in toxic living conditions. It got me thinking about how well we treat our fish. I've seen a breeder who keeps his pairs of German blue rams in a 5...
  18. G

CICHLID AGGRESSION HELP??

Divider won't do much. The Oscar will see be a douche when the divider comes down. Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
  19. G

Some big Texas cichlid pics

That first one is real nice. Here's my 2 year old unfaded red texas male. Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store