Search results

1. C

Please I.D. this fish

gallons don't really help, tank dimensions is more important. 56 column tank I am assuming is a tall tank so can't be longer then 30". I would for sure take it back. This fish will be way to big in no time and will kill everything you have in there, then will eventually die off as well. Your...
  2. C

Need ideas for 180 gallon

I understand that a Lion is more afraid of me, and thats exactly why I don't one. Their spines are for defense when they are scared. Cat sharks are a very lazy fish, they hide all day and sit still. Maybe I will have to look into some triggers. For the guy who mentioned the panther...
  3. C

Need ideas for 180 gallon

OK my 180 gallon reef has really pissed me off for some time now. Corals, clams and inverts have flourished and been amazing from the start (3 years go) I have SPS, LPS and softies in this tank a true mixed reef and its just packed with corals. Although for the entire 3 years I have been...
  4. C

New Banded Cat Shark owner has questions

ok tomorrow I will stop at supermarket for a fresh piece of squid. Substrate is reef sand. Nice and fine.
  5. C

he still has not eaten... at least I havent seen him. I have left food in there every day. Tried putting it right in his face, he wont touch it. Now if he is going around at night looking for it I don't know. I doubt it though because I can see some pieces that I can't reach just sitting...
  6. C

thanks zoodiver, I hope yoru right. I have been dipping shrimp in garlic xtreme then literally dropping infront of his face and leaving the stuff overnight. He is alone in the tank right now so no one should be touching his food. This morning I took a few pieces out that were going bad. I...
  7. C

Ok I picked him up 2 days ago from a LFS. He fed him a small piece of shrimp meat and he seemed to have eaten it right away. I figured he should be good in my 180 if he is eating on demand like that at store. I brought him home the first day he hid in the rockwork and I threw down a piece of...
  8. C

Dechlorinator nah?? or yah???

OK folks flame away, mods just close this because its going to become a mess tonight of people not reading all the pages and just saying the same stuff over and over. Ladies and Gentleman, I'm out, flame away, I'll be taking pictures and signing autographs all night. PM me if your really...
  9. C

LOL you wish!!!! LOL I wish I did because we wouldn't be returning to this stuff, rather what we were talking about on page 7-9 was more what the original intention was
  10. C

LOL i don't know who bigspizz is and I don't think I told you to run along although I can safely say that with CCFFCC return this thread is now totalled. It got ugly, which I apologized for and it then returned to sanity and actual discussion. If the two of you would read the ten pages you...
  11. C

LOL ahahahah did you read the thread???? or just thought you'd say something annoying LOL I shouldn't do this but I will because I feel bad for you. I apologized for using the word scam. So I said in a earlier post that perhaps there is a exceptable amount of chlorine, which is why perhaps...
  12. C

LOL funny you should mention discus Discus I have raised and sold like if we count honestly probably atleast 3000. Serioulsy LOL I had 4 pairs making about 40-50 sold fish per batch, which was usually monthly. I would pull them out and in about a month they would spawn again, while the...
  13. C

Acer you basically explained what I was saying but with actual scietific facts, and I thank you for it. I was never debating the fact they make it safe or not. The poster said it "removes" those substances. I was saying nothing will remove it. Regardless thats not the topic. I thank you for...
  14. C

R u sure your wife didn't dip a little draino into that tank LOL that sounds like your water has radioactive watse in it lol
  15. C

well said, and I don't want to prove to people that if they use chemicals there :screwy:. I just wanted to bring up a arguement of why some people can and why some can't. Some people have been from the same city and one uses because there fish die if they don't. While the other has never used...
  16. C

and your water is city pipeline??? WOW so then why is everyone making me out to be a villain??? LOL ok scam was a bit strong of a word but shheeesshhh you could have backed me up LOL just kiding
  17. C

wow to me thats sounds crazy. Some people did mention earlier that chlorimine(sp?) is the worse of the two. Perhaps thats the main issue here and not chlorine. I used to live in Windsor, Ontario. I knew a guy their who literally lost his marbles when it came to aquarium hobby. This guys...
  18. C

sorry did you say you do or don't use dechlorinator??? I thought Colorado had brutal water??? don't you guys pay crazy prices like $15 for a 5 gallon jug??? I was told it had something to do with the natural gas pumping or something??? I don't know its something I heard once, not to sure. Any...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store