Search results

1. B

Comparing Cichlid Pellet Brands

Lol.... I have fed NLS before but only the large fish formula because it floats, seemed ok..... For the longest time I feed Hikari Gold in various sizes, and Omega One Super Kelp pellets in a mix to all my fish...... they are still alive lol.... Burt :)
  2. B

Those with python water changer

You really want your dechlorinator in the tank before you add the fresh tap water, that way it is available to reduce the chlorine as it enters the tank. But a few minutes with diluted chlorine containing water probably won't really harm the fish too much. Burt :)
  3. B

Those with python water changer

I add the full shot of Prime (1 cap for each 75gal tank with a 50% water change) right when I begin adding the temperature adjusted tap water. Never had any problems doing it this way over the years. Burt :)
  4. B

Asymmetric or beach entry tanks.

I modified a 16gal high by siliconing in a partial glass divider, putting sand on one side and water on the other. There is a piece of bog wood that leads from the water to the sand. The land crab digs tunnels in the sand and spends the days in the water side. Burt :)
  5. B

Whats the scoop on this algae?

This is exactly what I thought before seeing your reply. Burt :)
  6. B

Temporary Monster tank Divider pictures

Build a frame to go around the divider (I used egg crate) with legs extending out for stability using 1/2" CPVC. Fill it with sand before you glue the last cap on so it sinks nicely. Burt :)
  7. B

Help my rock experts!:)

Those look like they are being used as a border to a flower garden? I would be more worried about what fertilizers and pesticides have been used in the vicinity than anything else in this case. Why not take a run down to the local creek or lakeshore and do some rock picking there? Burt :)
  8. B

Aquarium salt options??

Why is everyone using salt? And remember, Epsom salt (magnesium sulphate) is not the same as the salt people routinely add to aquariums (sodium chloride). Burt :)
  9. B

75 Gallon Tank filtration OVERKILL?

I've got two AC110 and a Fluval 305 running on a 75gal with my Rose Queen in it.... I think your good. Burt :)
  10. B

what to use for netting big fish

Look at this one, it has a fine soft mesh.... http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Fishing/FishingNetsStringersScalesTools/PRD~0780226P/Wood+Trout+Net.jsp?locale=en Burt :)
  11. B

Aquaclear 70

+1...... then if you want to use it on a larger tank the AC110 will fit over the rim. The AC70 will not fit on a 75gal or up.... Burt :)
  12. B

shelving question?

I hope you have it set up near a floor drain.... let us know when it collapses (although I hope it doesn't!!).... Burt :)
  13. B

Worms everywhere!

Planaria...... need to do more gravel vacs and water changes. Harmless to the fish though. Burt :)
  14. B

Bone poking through gill plate

I have a myrnae/convict hybrid that has what looks like a bone or a gill raker poking through its gill plate. It has been like this for a while and the fish can still eat, but its mouth is agape all the time. I thought that it would either work its way out or just fall off with time but it...
  15. B

prime accident

Prime contains hydrosulphide salts, this is a reducing agent. That's why it reacts with chlorine compounds, which are oxidising agents. If there is no chlorine compounds left in the aquarium water, it will find something else to reduce (oxygen in the water), and thus will break down. It even...
  16. B

Tank is not lever need some help.

Do you have a 36" or larger bubble level? I do not level it just by judging if the water is even, I use a level an make sure the front to back and the side to side are perfect. That cube of water is going to be there a long time, might as well do it correct the first time so you don't have...
  17. B

HOB and canister filters on a eurobrace 180 gallon?

To me the thicker the glass the better for a higher safety factor. I wish Miracles made a standard 180gal with the regular bracing in the heavier glass as I don't really want the Eurobrace. I will need it covered so with the eurobrace I have to use clips to hold lids. I asked them if they...
  18. B

HOB and canister filters on a eurobrace 180 gallon?

I will be setting up two 180 gallon tanks stacked one on top of the other on a custom made metal stand. I am looking at Aqueon (AGA), Marineland (Perfecto), and Miracles tanks. The AGA and Perfecto have the plastic dual brace trim. The Miracles has eurobracing. I am leaning towards the...
  19. B

GE 1 Silicone ?

Even the "Window and Doors" version? Did they change this recently? I used it in the past (maybe 3-4 years ago) to reseal a tank and nothing bad happened..... Burt :)
  20. B

Tire track eel vs fire eel

Jumbled???? I think that was an excellent reply! Thanks for the info! Burt :)
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store