Search results

1. C

Lungfish dumb question...

Mmm...you're right about that, my Pacus are somewhat annoying the other fish in their current tank. Judging from what i've seen in terms of lungfish, they don't seem like the kind who could defend themselves. They are kindof slow-ish. Thanks to you two for the comments :)
  2. C

Wow 13 views, no replies...great !
  3. C

Heya all. I recently ordered a SA lungfish for one of my monster tank, and was wondering about a few things that are not really clear to me even after all the research. Some of you said that they found the lung on the ground several times, no harm done. Of course I know they can breath, but...
  4. C

Whats the appeal?

They do not require enormous tanks, since they are snake-like and can fit in tighter spaces, but I wouldn't house one below 180-220g at maturity. Just make sure you pick a wide tank, not a tall one which is useless and more trouble for them when taking air. He would not be happy in less, in my...
  5. C

Plywood tank questions

Of course you can do this, not a problem. So long as you take precautions and build a sturdy frame, it will work. Check out a post I did not too long ago, you are using a design similar as mine: http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78752 As for moving the tank, whether...
  6. C

Weird thing you ever feed your fish.

Bizzaro, you should take care of that roach problem...and I ain't talking about the Oscar eating them... LOL...:nilly:
  7. C

diy spraybar xp3

And if you can't find this, use regular PVC piping, a drill and some glue ;)
  8. C

Drip system diagram (click for large image)

Hey Levi, great diagram i'm happy to see this...now makes me want to do it too ;) I have a couple questions... - Where is the pressure regulator located on your lines? Before the carbon filter? - What bran/type of carbon filter are you using? I'd like to research on it...I have a well, so...
  9. C

DIY Rockwork centerpiece help.

Sure, the resin will be fine in saltwater. You just have to be careful and pick a resin that will not bleed chemicals in the water, even when cured some resins are toxic. And it's a fine idea, by using rocks and sand you won't need to paint the resin, as some paints can also be toxic. Oh...
  10. C

Designs for 400g DIY tank...I'd like your comments!

OMG, 139 pages LOL !! Alright, time to make coffee and start reading ;) Thanks wizzin!
  11. C

Yep I didn't put the outside frame for the plywood box, but think of it like the frame "outside" the plywood box. And window openings will be dealt with in the same manner as houses are built, with a frame all around. My Civil Engineering diploma has to be of some use after all eh! LOL Ok I...
  12. C

Ah, thanks to Fishdance and Wizzin for the replies, I feel more confident now ;) I'm glad to hear 12mm glass will be enough, you see 19mm is 2x the price of the 12mm ! But I think i'll stick to tempered, for even more piece of mind. Fishdance: I have to be honest I didn't think of...
  13. C

i hear sand is better for fronts

I use play sand in my Mbu's tank. Just make sure you rinse it well before adding it to a tank. But you definitely don't "need" sand for a Frontosa. Mine has lived all his life above small-sized gravel, and couldn't be happier. Tank is 6' and he alones moves like half the gravel to the front...
  14. C

TSN fin not growing back

I wouldn't worry about this. It's just a fin...could you live without a few of your fingers? Damn right you would ;) My prized Mbu puffer had his lower fin split in two by an overzealous Silver Dollar. Months later the fin is still split, since he moves it constantly to hover in the water...
  15. C

My new EBJD

Nice, if he makes it to adulthood you will love that fish. Mine was around 11" when he died, always been the master of the tank. Not aggressive, but no other fish ever bugged him... He also loved spirulina pellets...more than any meat I ever gave him. So try it out!
  16. C

Come on guys, 26 views and no replies? I need your input !!
  17. C

Quick All GLASS aquariun silicone Question

It will definitely take you more than a tube. Just buy a couple more to make sure you don't run out... GE I is like 3$ a tube, you can't beat peace of mind ;) On my 6' tank the silicone between the glass is about 1/8", hope this helps!
  18. C

2 Quick Questions

1. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to achieve, maybe with a picture of that wood piece? 2. This is calcium from the water evaporating. It's a glass top? Then use a razor blade...just be careful not to scratch the glass.
  19. C

Hey all. I know this is a long post but please bear with me  I am currently in the planning stage for my next tank, which will house Arthur my Mbu puffer for a while. I’m aiming at around 400g, square plywood tank with 2 glass panels. Here’s a quick sketch of the tank dimensions...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store