Search results

1. Tripletail

True piraiba aka Brachyplatystoma filamentosum

Hi Viktor, I have done a lot of glasswork on boats . I was always taught that fiberglass is porus and the gelcoat seals it . Polyester resin is less expensive than vinylester resin and more porus . And epoxy resin is more expensive than vinylester as I remember. Vinylester is more...
  2. Tripletail

help with id on this catfish

Viktor, True they are slender and don't have much body mass , so a feeding interruption after capture might have an exaggerated effect on how thin they look. John at eczs told me they shipped poorly years ago. And recently a seller told me his shipment came in thin and not doing well.
  3. Tripletail

help with id on this catfish

I have been told they seem to not ship too well, and alot die in transport . Which might be because exporters hold them too long prior to shipping out of SA. The ones I see for sale are usually pretty thin . Maybe cost more because of shipping loss
  4. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

And I am not stuck on its ID being D.peruanus . Its just a reference by me to those 2 pictures ,the one pic with fish in the net ,and also the fish held up on pliers . I really dont know true name of fish
  5. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

Viktor, to answer your question about the duopalatinus peruanus . The fish in the picture on planet catfish is at least 10 inches judging by the net and leadline in picture . I have seen this same fish in pictures of tanks from asia where it was 12-14 inches. The fish I have is maybe 7 years in...
  6. Tripletail

Piraiba growout

I will write the rest of my replies in my thread . So this thread can go back to topic of OPs piraiba
  7. Tripletail

Piraiba growout

Duopalantinus peruanus is the cat in my pond . He is metallic silver color . Some people mistake this fish for B. vaillantii. pretty cool fish . I have probably had him for 6-7 years . He survives winters outside in FL
  8. Tripletail

Piraiba growout

Jumper cat bit his tail completly of
  9. Tripletail

Piraiba growout

My previous filamentosum I received from Wes at 5inches.. I was told he was from guyana. I cant find the sd card with pictures of that fish . I did send some pictures of him to Wes , I dont know if he still has them . He grew up in 8x4x3 with 7 satonaperca lilith .around 10 inches or so . They...
  10. Tripletail

Piraiba growout

Yes , 16 -20 inches will come very fast . Some advise I would give you is grow him up with a few different kinds of mellow fish .as tankmates . I grew one up to 24 inches or so within a year. My mistake with that fish was growing him up in a tank by himself . He was so skittish . He would only...
  11. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

together during waterchange . Sorry for bad pics ,phone and tablet are no good , I am going to have to get some shots with my camera soon.
  12. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

That makes sense .it started as a common name . I havent looked at fish list in a while , but when I saw a picture of this catfish associated with the manitoba name . First thing I did was buy some at a good price because of slight misidentification . I did tell seller what I thought they...
  13. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

Yes , the four . Also have a few more .
  14. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

15. Tripletail

Guyana piraiba

Hi everyone , I have recently aquired a pretty large group of B.filamentosum from Guyana . I got them in 2 batches , and different sizes. They are 4- 5 inches now . I plan on raising them together and documenting thier growth and my observations. These fish were being sold on fish lists as...
  16. Tripletail

My Brachyplatystoma filamentosum (Disscussion)

looks pretty fat and healthy. Nice score.
  17. Tripletail

Wow, your piraibas will be super happy in that tank/pond . 66,043 gallons will be great,and your viewing window seems perfect size . How deep are you planning to make it ?
  18. Tripletail

What size big tank are you planning for your piraibas ? You have such perfect weather for ponds is that what you are planning ?
  19. Tripletail

Please help ID - Brachyplatystoma. Vaillantti?

Yes Yes ,that is B.vaillanti. nice looking fish
  20. Tripletail

Piriabia Id.

he looks nice and healthy , and I like the pattern on his back
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store