Search results

1. M

Two tanks, one filter

So I'm brainstorming an idea that I'd like to run across you DIY guys. I have a 75 gallon tank on one of those metal frame stands that can hold a second tank on bottom. Currently there's only one tank on the stand, running standard hob filtration. I have a second 75 that was given to me...
  2. M

ID these three please

Low and behold months later, #1 is an auratus, I just went from three to 40 in a week Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  3. M

eel identification

Any tips on making them grow faster, I bought two TT's. one starting packing size within a few months and the other has barely grown at all. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  4. M

General puffer question

Those puffers that are staple pet shop fish, the green ones with black spots, unsure of their name. As long as I've been in the hobby I've seen em kept in fresh water, and told that they need to be acclimated over to brackish water. Recently the woman who runs my lfs, who has proven herself to...
  5. M

Catfish in ohio

Jacks is pretty good, I drive 30 miles past three local shops sometimes just to browse their awesome selection. They always seem to have that handful of fish you just wont see in you local pet shop. Just be extra careful to examine your fish before purchasing, they are a chain store if ya get...
  6. M

Hobbies other then fish keeping?

Automotive work I guess, but I don't nearly enjoy it as much. Both are really expensive, just dropped four grand into my truck last month, Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  7. M

Do These Fry Worth $20 Each?

I guess I take that back, that seems to be the going price with them under an inch. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  8. M

Do These Fry Worth $20 Each?

Never kept or bought any flower horns, I've heard they can be expensive. But 20 each for fry? Seems a little steep if you ask me. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  9. M

You know you're a fishnerd when............

Or when there's a room in your house that your children refer to as "the fish room". Which is a room that you've gone underneath of to add support to the floor. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. M

You know you're a fishnerd when............

When you realize your 42 inch flat screen hasn't been turned on in weeks because your too busy with your tanks, so you decide to trade it for another tank. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. M

auratus cichlids

Looks like I've got near 40, moms still in with them but I might remove her sometime this week Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  12. M

Buying n selling aquariums....

I just repetively flag the rediculous ones, I have got a few deals on there. Got a 90 gallon tank with outa scratch on it, a beautiful hand made oak stand, matching canopy, glass tops, 4' jbj compact flourescent light with built in fans, and all this was free. Thecatch was the guy had a brand...
  13. M

auratus cichlids

So ive sucessfully breed the auratus cichlid, not on purpose or anything, they did it themselves really. Came as a surprise because my male was my first cichlid, have had him near two years any only just recently came into the knowledge of what he actully was, hard to beleive hes the same as...
  14. M

Large mouth bass

What size tank is a minimum for a lmb, I have a 65 that's coming open soon and I've considered going native with it. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  15. M

Favorite first fish

Hi all, I was just looking at all my tanks and realized all the fish I have are the ones I used to stray away from. Got me thinking about that first tropical tank. Guppies, tigerbarbs, tetras, and all that. I have a spare 20 gallon long that I'm thinking of taking "back to the basics." Anyone...
  16. M

weirdest pet acquisition

I really want a snake, wife says no. I've been asking and begging for years, then one day she came home with an 18" title track eel in an attempt to shut me up. Love this guy but I still want a snake. It's pretty high on my wish list next to a parrot, micro pig, and a lion fish. Sent from my...
  17. M

weirdest pet acquisition

Obviously as a member of this forum, I'm a dedicated an obsessed fish keeper, but I have kids as well. Occasionally when I take them to the local shop with me for supplies or to browse the latest livestock, they see something they gotta have. I've gone in for pellet food or filter media and come...
  18. M

Collecting Native fish + trap ideas + flathead catfish advice

Lake Logan in Logan, Ohio is full of baby flats this time of year, after dark that's all you catch if not using a large bait, just be careful not to mix em up with mud cats, I have trouble telling the difference Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  19. M

Central Ohio- three severums, a large bala shark, upside down catfish

Bala shark sold Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  20. M

Central Ohio- three severums, a large bala shark, upside down catfish

I'd say they're around 3-5 inches Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store