Search results

1. D

Jag cichilid

They're probably tilapia. Small tilapia look like rams
  2. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

They are skiddish little buggahs, I don't know if I would go that far though. I have thrown a few too many cast nets on em after I have spooked um.
  3. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

Haha This is my same dream that I am trying to fulfill too mate. I am linking up with people from all over the world for future research, collecting, and fishing trips. Japan will hopefully be a destination here in a few months. I post pictures/videos on fb and instagram all the time. Msg me if...
  4. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

What?! That's a steal!! I will definitely keep you in mind for future stockings!
  5. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

Found a couple already, great bait :)
  6. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

Sorry, but not really cuz! I would hate to pay that much when there's NA natives and other gems roaming the streams. This is the same one that's on C-list for 120, yeah?
  7. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

Yeah I caught this one near safeway on kapahulu. Sounds like I should keep them there. Shoots!
  8. D

Hawaiian Mini Monsta

I've been scouring the island for freshwater fish to stock a native tank, and it's been rad. Plenty of baby smallies in the streams, as well as plecos, corydoas, cichlids, and guppies. Pbass can be legally caught in a couple streams, but snakeheads and arowanna are super rare (I know people who...
  9. D

Rare Black Bass Project

I think the OP has abandoned the project. Did anyone even see pictures of the fish, or just the final pond? Yeah... I doubt the kid even got the fish. He just said he has a connect or something. He's 14 year old kid so he might be grounded or something haha!
  10. D

Rare Black Bass Project

The OP is keeping sub species of bass that are native to very southern drainage's including Florida. That means they tolerate southern climates like MN was saying.
  11. D

Rare Black Bass Project

How's this going man? Haven't heard any updates.
  12. D

From Hawaii with Love

MN hit the nail on the head. The endemics which are freshwater gobies that my lab mate studies. They like many other fragile species have a high venerability to physical change and biological competition.
  13. D

From Hawaii with Love

Planning a trip to kauai to catch O. mykiss. If I can incorporate it into my study; hopefully it will be funded by someone other than me ;)
  14. D

From Hawaii with Love

Thanks! Like I said the water is not warm by any means.
  15. D

From Hawaii with Love

Hell yeah man! Get them to stock um then! I saw some small ones and I'm itching to start a tank :) Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  16. D

From Hawaii with Love

The flowing water is definitely chilly. Probably 68-72 degrees. Cold to the touch for sure. They hit mosquito fish like they hadn't had a meal in days. I'd through one in and bass would come out of now where to eat it. Really fun fishing. Also, there is definitely places in NC where you can...
  17. D

From Hawaii with Love

Caught these today on live madaka (local term for mosquito fish) they reminded me of home! It was in the jungle basically so the lighting was hard to get. I miss keeping NA natives, but the freshwater fish and fishing are great! Hope you enjoy. Cheers, Cray
  18. D

University of Hawaii Manoa Quarry Pond Update

Ahhh I have seen the pictures from the thread you have posted about this. You still fish the pond ya?
  19. D

University of Hawaii Manoa Quarry Pond Update

Yeah I will have to try that out. Pretty sure its very frowned upon to fish there though, but whatever.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store