Search results

1. J

BABY ELECTRIC EEL

I feed mine frozen tilapia fillets. and I just started feeding him frozen smelt fish. I also feed some live minnows from the bait shop in my area.
  2. J

BABY ELECTRIC EEL

My LFS is supposed to be getting some in this week. Not sure how big or how many but the tank was ready for them. I think it was marked $200
  3. J

my 625 gallon DIY plywood aquarium build

I am back. This tank is still running well. I am starting the planning on a smaller tank like if for my electric eel.
  4. J

Electric Eel Compatibility

I have tried several tank mates. All of them are dead now.
  5. J

Electric Eel experiences

I have one now. Took forever to find him.
  6. J

BABY ELECTRIC EEL

I love it ware did you find it? I just got a 2 ft long one last year. took years to find him. Now I need to build a bigger tank for him.
  7. J

Thanks. It helps when they have room. People always want to pack as many fish in to a tank as they can. Better to spend more money on a bigger tank and less on the filter system. If your tank is big enough you will not need that much filtration.
  8. J

The tank is still going really well. All of the fish are getting along. I just did some work on the filter system so it should be easier to take care of now. My current project is an automatic feeder. This is the latest video of the tank. Check out my channel.
  9. J

Down sizing a tank.

Wow the Striped Leporinus are so tiny in that picture. They are way too big for that small tank now. The Bucktooth Tetra (Exodon) kept picking on them so I had to put them in my 625 gal tank. They are a lot bigger now.
  10. J

Size tank that got you started and tank now?

I started with a 10 gal tank that had Crayfish and marbles as a substrate. They used to pick up and drop the marbles at night while we were trying to sleep. Had a lot of different fish com and go through that tank. After moving I got a 40 gal breeder. Now my biggest tank is 625 gal
  11. J

Finally got me a sword...

you are going to need a really big fish tank for that :-)
  12. J

Electric Eel best practices

That one was my bad I was looking at the wrong MFK seller. I was searching eel and fugupuff came up. I am not sure if Jeff Rapps came up the first time I searched it then Fugupuff came up after that. I emailed Jeff and I think MoNsTeR FiS got his order in for it before I did :-) I think...
  13. J

Jeff Raps Keep talking about a facebook page. But I can not find it. Does any one Know what it is?
  14. J

I saw Jeff Raps had some the other day. Thinking abut ordering on if he still has them.
  15. J

DIY ~700-900G tank idea

Looks interesting. You are going to need more than a 5 gal bucket to maintain a consistent water level.
  16. J

360 Gallon Acrylic Tank - Cincinnati, Oh - Pick-up

Any chance if I can get a flat bed semi truck in the area do you have any way of loading it?
  17. J

360 Gallon Acrylic Tank - Cincinnati, Oh - Pick-up

That is a really nice tank I wish it was not so far away :-)
  18. J

I have been working with electronics for 25 years. I have a Jacobs ladder. I used to experiment with a 15kv neon sign transformer. A little fish does not scare me LOL. I really want to get an electric eel and my LFS is supposed to be trying to get me one. I just realized that they where...
  19. J

Am I the only one on MFK that can not get an electric eel?
  20. J

Electric Eel Compatibility

I am still trying to find a fish that I can keep with an electric eel. I do not have an eel yet but my LFS is supposed to be trying to get me one.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store