Search results

1. C

Uv light

i am guessing you have sunsun/ Grech filters? The white R2D2 looking ones? I have a 150 gallon tank with 2 grech 305B filters with 9W UV each and i have had very good results. More is not going to hurt IMO Depends what fish you have as well and water quality they require
  2. C

feeding issues with my redtail catfish

tigercat, I feed my RTCs night crawlers right out of the box and they are fine but if you want to be safe get a strainer and run fresh clean water over them before you put them in. My RTC, TSN, and Hybrid all will hesitate whenever i change their diet to something new and unfamiliar. The way i...
  3. C

Anyone feed their RTC/TSNs anything interesting?

i like the idea of frogs. My catfish seem to really enjoy live food and are much more active because of it. I hand feed them all sorts of other stuff as well but i will try frogs. I keep anything that is going to be fed to them, that's living, in a quarantine tank for a week with heavy UV and...
  4. C

Anyone feed their RTC/TSNs anything interesting?

Hey Yall, Has anyone ever fed their RTCs mice or live shrimp? Any other interesting foods? My catfish live on a diet of mostly feeders, tilapi, and beefheart and i want to mix it up. I have no doubt they would eat live mice but don't know if that ok for them? Anyone got any other suggestions?
  5. C

New tank=happy cats

You cannot call BS on it being 150 gallons because Monster Minis is correct it's from petsmart... My wife is a manager for petsmart and i got that 150 for 300 bucks brand new on a technicality. And the acrylic tank was going to cost about 6Gs for just the glass. The company who built it sells...
  6. C

New tank=happy cats

So... The tank for my cats that is almost 1500 gallons did not fit through the door and instead was sold to someone who could fit it, luckily the owner of the business was in the market...The company who made it for me is working on a new tank design that is assembled in the house and is nearly...
  7. C

Need Magnetic Powerheads

Thanks for all the great info guys! My catfish just likes to cause trouble in the tank when it comes to ornaments and anything eatable. I just bought a power head that has one huge suction cup that is not removable and requires screws to take apart. This far he has not gotten it into his belly...
  8. C

Need Magnetic Powerheads

So my RTC has a horrible habit of eating inanimate objects in his tank which is usually the suction cups on my powerhead or the hood on the power head. Does anyone know where you can buy the powerheads that go on the outside of the tank and have a magnet to spin the fan Online? I have had to...
  9. C

RTC Lessons Learned

Hey Guys, So i started off with my RTC moby when he was 20 bucks and about an inch. I had him in a 20 gallon tank and ended up buying various tanks all the way up to my 210 he is in now. He will be getting a new home in a pond in my back yard hopefully sometime this year. There are a couple...
  10. C

New tank=happy cats

No Typo. The Tank i am having build is 10 ft long 30" deep and however many inches tall comes out to 1500 gallons. My limiting factors were 10ft and 30". The 30" is how wide my door frame is in the front of my house. The foundation in my dining room has been beefed up alot when we built the...
  11. C

New tank=happy cats

So u think the rtcs would be ok in the heat but not in the cold? What if I had some industrial heating system I could guarantee the water would stay above 70-75 all the time? Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  12. C

show me your tsn and rtc

http://youtu.be/IzES88V5hPA Wife petting felix(hybrid rtc/tsn) Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  13. C

New tank=happy cats

Thanks Guys. I am well aware of how fast these guys grow. I had both of them since they were about 2" long and they have moved tanks like 5X. They started in a 20 gallon and grew out of it in the first month. I had a 40 gallon cube they went into for another 2 weeks after that while they're 75...
  14. C

show me your tsn and rtc

Before the tank upgrade Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  15. C

New tank=happy cats

I got a new tank for my catfish. They are so happy with more space! Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  16. C

Paint in aquarium

Hey guys, Just picked up another tank. 150 gallon and I am setting it up with PVC for the inlet and outlets of the tank. The tank is not drilled so it has to have all the filtration over the top. I wanted to know if there is any paint I could use to paint the PVC to be black and less ghetto...
  17. C

DIY Back yard pond

How do u keep it cool in the summer tho? Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  18. C

DIY Back yard pond

Hey Guys, I am about to close on my new house in Houston and will be purchasing a 1000 galloon tank most likely for my catfish to go into for the time being. I am looking toward the future and realize that any non custom tank indoors will not be big enough for my full grown RTC and TSN/RTC...
  19. C

Algae growth

Not the Hairy stuff more slimy. The catfish react well to having the lights on and the room basically has zero ambient light Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  20. C

Growth on RTCXTSN catfish

If its the white/reddish dot at tha base of the fin then mine has had that forever it's tiny tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaRYredhgno Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store