Search results

1. O

Jaguar Sex

It should be noted that generally this fish shows much darker colors. Just seemed frighted while snapping the picture.
  2. O

Jaguar Sex

Picked this guy/girl up this weekend. Already showing dominance in the tank. Based on what I've seen/ read I am thinking female due to the barring and lack of spotting on the lower end of the gill plate. Thoughts?
  3. O

Quick ID

Might be? But note there is no separation of the dorsal into anterior and posterior sections
  4. O

Quick ID

Need a quick ID on this guy. Found at LFS with no tag. Any ideas?
  5. O

Breeding in a 37

Looking for opinions on this. I've done angels before but am looking for a pair of something that can care for their young so I don't have to set up a separate tank to raise the eggs as I did with the angels. Looking to do a pair of some sort of SA CA cichlid. So far i have thought about jack...
  6. O

ID please

Hi Guys, The aquaculture center that I work at over the summer acquired this fish recently. I am not sure if I'm drawing a blank but does anyone have an idea on ID? Looks sort of like a Jag hybrid, not sure.
  7. O

RTC Barbels

From some further reading, apparently fin and tail rot in normal fish species caused by pH problems among other things and it's effects are exaggerated in the barbels of catfish before their fins show signs of degradation. Being that I haven't seen too much info on this problem I figured I would...
  8. O

RTC Barbels

Just an update for those interested, rechecked my water chemistry and it turns out post water change my pH was way off. Using the seachem buffer system I have the pH back up at 6.8 currently. Over the last 12 hours I have seen vast improvement in the barbels. They are almost completely normal...
  9. O

My RTCxTSN Will Not Eat

Just my two cents on the whole activity question that you brought up. I have an RTC at home that is around 6". You must realize these fish are nocturnal. I can leave the light on all day and at times the fish stays in the exact spot all day. Once the light on the tank goes out (not even in the...
  10. O

RTC Barbels

Here are some pictures for reference:
  11. O

RTC Barbels

Hey guys have not posted in a while and kind of took a break from fish keeping but I am slowly getting back into it. Right now I have the RTC in a 150 along with a common pl*co. I bought the fish at the LFS common size (about 2") and he is now around 6" Up until 2 days ago everything with fine...
  12. O

Help Pbass is blind!

he doesnt have cloudy eye i know taht, there is like a clear film almost like cataracts
  13. O

Help, Peacock bass may be Blind!

I haven't posted up here in a while because i have been busy with other things and have not had much time to get into fish all my fish have been fine and doing well until last week, my big mono around 16" won't go after any food I put in the tank, previously he was crashing FD krill and silver...
  14. O

Help Pbass is blind!

I haven't posted up here in a while because i have been busy with other things and have not had much time to get into fish all my fish have been fine and doing well until last week, my big mono around 16" won't go after any food I put in the tank, previously he was crashing FD krill and silver...
  15. O

My oscar passed away today...

No thats my 10" male JD
  16. O

yea actually slammed it open and broke the glass
  17. O

I went down to the tank this morning to the most horrible site in a while, my 14" 6 year old oscar dead on the floor, he must have jumped the night before, i am really mad, he was a prime specimen and will be missed, I think i might get one to grow out to take his place in the 150 eventually...
  18. O

URGENT DAT is banged up

Went down last night to feed the fish and noticed red splotches all over my little dat, I wasn't sure if it was blood from being scratched or possibly an internal parasite. I am not sure what to make of it, at first I thought it was mabey a heater burn but being that it is on both sides of his...
  19. O

Wild Orinos? **WARNING***

I have to agree here, my wild orinos had alot more color at that size, they could either be not wild caught or possibly not orinos at all, only time will tell.
  20. O

New here and new p.bass owner needs help

keep the temps up around 87 or so, give them some time, they are very fragile at that size...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store