Search results

1. L

Jeff Rapps ?

Ordered from him for years, no problems, good stuff. And met him at the ACA Convention in Cincinnati in 2009, good guy.
  2. L

We have fry !!! Red Istlatum pair Finally spawned

I like this. I hope my little one grows up to be good looking too.
  3. L

600 gallon ca cichlid tank

Here are some freddys I got from Jeff Rapps. You didn't get any of these in your shipment?
  4. L

600 gallon ca cichlid tank

Yes, that didn't look anything like a Freddy to me. Great fish taank, would love to see a video!
  5. L

Another whats your TOP 5 cichlid list....

Ok, here is a video of my # 5 pick, the La Cieba Freddies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgTBBRQmbPM So in review; 1 5 Spot Hemichromis (frempongi and elongatus) 2. Caquetaia spectabilis 3. Cutteri 4. Orange pike (Xingu II) 5. La Cieba Freddy
  6. L

darn, I can't keep editing....? Oh well, herre is a vid of some of my spectabilis with fry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkyLDJr9H20 Screw it, here is the rest of my top 5, I wanted to have pics and vids for them all, but the iting limitations prevent it for me. 3. Cutteri - I love the...
  7. L

Ok, I'll bite. I'll just list ones I've kept, and I would most likely buy if I saw them at a local fish store. Location was not specified, so I'll start with this : 1. 5 Spot Jewel Cichlid - Either Hemichromis elongatus or frempongi, I've had both, no need to waste a top 5 spot with both...
  8. L

AMPHILOPHUS TRIBUTE!

A couple of my Amphilophus sagittaes, they vary in size, around 7-9 inches.
  9. L

AMPHILOPHUS TRIBUTE!

Here is a young lfs bought "Red Devil" I just got, so we'll call it an Amphilophus lbiatum, and it is about 2 inches. The little som***** moves around a lot, hard to get a good picture. This one has more white in it than any of the other ones they had.
  10. L

Jewel Cichlid Question

I think there is a decent chance they will all do ok for a while. If the jewels do breed in a 135, I doubt they will defend the whole fish tank, just the territory near the nest. With that size diference, I would say Cubans will have the overall upperhand.
  11. L

Islantum "red"

I have the red variant.
  12. L

Islantum "red"

Looking great! I just got a little one from TUIC a couple of days ago. He was going to grow out in a 55 with some baby Amphilophus lyonsis I also got on the same order. But he was considerably bigger than them, and I know they get meaner, so I put him in a 30 gallon long by himself until he gets...
  13. L

Amphilophus lyonsi

Sorry if I was unclear. I was just trying to say that I ordered 4 Amphilophus lyonsis cichlids this week from the same person (Jeff Rapps) you ordered from. I think mine came in a little smaller than yours, so I wonder if mine are from a newer spawn. I put mine in a 55 gallon aquarium. I also...
  14. L

Amphilophus lyonsi

My fish came in this morning, all are doing fine. The lyonsi are considerably smaller than the islantum, so I gave the islantum it's own 30 long for now. He was a feisty little bugger, jumping whil still in the bag. The lyonsis are in the 55, they are swimming around, exploring, not too shy...
  15. L

what are you being for halloween

Tim Tebow is a very religous quarterback for the Denver Broncos. I believe he got his first win as a starter recently against the Miami Dolphins. After he scored the go ahead touchdown, while his teammates were celebrating, he took a knee and started praying. This started an internet trend...
  16. L

Amphilophus lyonsi

I just ordered 4 from tuic. Also a red islantum. I was tempted to get more than 1 islantum, but heard they are very prone to bloat, especially when young. So I figured I'd just try one and see how it does. They will be growing up in a 55 for now, till they get big, then I'll move them up. I may...
  17. L

And here is Zombie Obama at th local bar Tebowing it.
  18. L

Normally, I don't dress up as anything for Hallween. But today I was Barack Insane Ozombie! Well, that was the name on the mask I bought.
  19. L

Parachromis sp La Ceiba defend fry

Damn, got home from work today, the female was battered and dead. They seemed to get along great, a very nice pair. I measured her, 4 1/2 inches SL, 5 inches TL. So now I have two males in two different aquariums, and a handful of fry in two different aquariums. Hopefully some female fry. I'm...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store