Search results

1. K

Cheap/Easy/Fasy indoor pond/bedstand(that's right bedstand)

WOW, Great build and awesome cats. Can't believe I missed this last year. Now I know my name will be on a monster tank eventually, keep up the good work Necro. What a journey you have been on over the years, and allways you keep coming back to the monster cats. Keep on rolling man. Cheers...
  2. K

830 gallon new setup

Excellent. How is the temperature working out, you were worried about it overheating at one point? Awesome build. Cheers, Ken.
  3. K

830 gallon new setup

Pics, Pics, Pics..........:popcorn:
  4. K

830 gallon new setup

Wow, great build! It will be awesome no matter what fish are in it IMHO ! I have been to Thailand many times and should get back there in the next year or two, would love to come and see this tank in person, keep the Singha cold for me mate. Cheers, Ken.
  5. K

Photo of the Month - January 2013 - Vote Now!!!!

Gotta be 28, for so many MONSTER reasons, but 10 looks kind of cool. Cheers, Ken
  6. K

Necrocanis' video fish journal past, present, and future.

Must have missed this thread last year, REALLY glad to see you back necro. Hope you are planning another MONSTER tank, 'cause my name will be on it. All the best anyway, Cheers, Ken.
  7. K

Berney catfish diet ?

Just about any food will do, I like Hikari carnivore and massivore. Any good quality pellet. Earth worms. Frozen (thawed) green prawns, remove the heads (too much pollution in the tank). Frozen bloodworms and brineshrimp as well as live blackworms while tha cats are small. Small live shrimp and...
  8. K

Does any one have a bagrid catfish

Pic ? Could be B. docmac.
  9. K

March 2012 TOTM: Vote Now!

Wow, some VERY NICE tanks. Had to go with one. Cheers, Ken.
  10. K

my giraffe catfish has still got sand stuck to it, normal?

He should be fine, and will renew his slime coat soon. I have large naked type cats of several families and some seem to get a bit sandy from time to time but only for a day or two and never all over so I think you cat will be fine in the long run. He may have thickended his slime coat as a...
  11. K

Red Tail Diet

Try cichlid colour pellets, Hikari has a couple of types, you want the sinkers I would think. If the pellets are a bit small and don't get him interested you could use them to "gut load" feeder fish or make a little cut in a fish fillit and put some in there. In the wild thay also eat fruit...
  12. K

Check this RTC :(

Gill curl is mostly caused by poor tank conditions, ie build up of ammonia, nitrite, nitrate etc. A small tank with an RTC is allways going to have spikes of ammonia as the cat processes its meals and without very good filtration and water changes pollution will occur leading to gill curl...
  13. K

ID PLEASE... PLECO(bristlenose)??

Looks like chetasoma type species. Not sure on the spelling. Not sure on the trade name but rubber nose plec sounds good. Worth way more than a common bristle nose. Cheers, Ken.
  14. K

Breeding cats?

I have Syndontis peticola and have bred them, they are very nice fish and the bigger the group the more they will intertact together. I would have suggested them but you said "predator". Look into the phylomenis (spelling?) if you want a mini Tang predator. I just thought of another cool fish...
  15. K

Help me ID this Synodontis!

NOT a brichardi, very nice syno though. Ornatapinis could be it. Cheers, ken.
  16. K

Breeding cats?

Great idea, many catfish have not been bred in captivity yet but get a group of what ever you like and start playing around with diet, temperature changes, water changes/water levels (things like doing a change with cool water and using a watering can to simulate rain, or lowering the water...
  17. K

6' D.I.Y SUMP .. (GONNA ADD POTHOS!!) ... ;/

Wow, great addition to your original sump! I have been copying your design and I am nearly ready to activate my own mega six foot sump. I used a glass 6 foot aquarium rather than acrylic though. I have a quick question, what size holes did you use in your drip plate? Thanks for sharing a great...
  18. K

cat i.d please

First one could be schoutdeni, sorry about the spelling. Good score. Cheers, Ken.
  19. K

Berney catfish growth rate

Should get to nearly 25cm in the first year and then growth will slow down, will evntually top out at about 45 cm or maybe a little more. Good luck and post a pic. Cheers, Ken.
  20. K

August 2011 TOTM VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice puffer in 4, but I am going with 2 cause of the cool turtle!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store