Search results

1. W

I failed

couldn't resist....
  2. W

Help To Bring Asian Aros Back To The US...

That's essentially what we're working on. Still.... The USF&WS already charges $100 for the permit processing, so there will be additional "fees" charged on top of that.
  3. W

DIY Ozone System

Thanks for that. I admit, being a FW keeper, ozone as a means for detoxification and breakdown of organic compounds is a new concept for me. Nonetheless, I'm intrigued by it, and it's caused me to do some research on the matter. I should've done that prior to asking :shakehead It sounds like...
  4. W

DIY Ozone System

Nice work chompers! Without the carbon bed, wouldn't the ozone simply break up back into o2 on it's own?
  5. W

Breeding Apistogramma Cacatuoides

sphagnum peat for sure! IME, adding peat to the filter or in a "sock" in the tank along with a big W/C should do it once they're settled in.
  6. W

possible firemouth x convict hybrids

what's funny is you can't see half of them in the video because they're down behind the rocks in the center of the tank. I moved some to another tank today, and one swipe of the net through the swarm of fry produced 50 fry and I didn't even make a dent in the number of fish in there. LOL...
  7. W

German Rams And Bolivian Rams

German Blue Rams can be difficult to keep depending on where they came from. Some stock from Asia have been bred using hormones and typically are either diseased or sterile. It sounds like you're new to fish keeping (correct me if I'm wrong) and if so, I would suggest you start out with...
  8. W

took me a while to get the vid then get the time to import it and upload to the youtube... but here it is. I admit I've let this particular tank go a bit in terms of algae growth, but I noticed the little guys like eating it and picking at the sides of the tank so I let them do it. Enjoy...
  9. W

yeah, that's about right. They're definitely mature adults. The firemouth has spawned with another firemouth a few times in the past, and the con has spawned with another con in the past. I was moving fish around and needed to consolidate these guys into one tank. I thought there would be a...
  10. W

I still can't get clear pics of the young. They're growing like mad though! At a little over a 1/4 inch long now and eating like crazy! Both the con and FM are still protecting them. Every time I go near the tank, the con gets all fired up and charges the glass. The FM just hangs back...
  11. W

alright. Here's a little background and some pics. Like I said, I've been busy, so I unfortunately missed the courting/breeding behavior, though it must have been short lived since they've only been together for a few weeks. So I can't even say where the eggs were laid, though the flowerpot...
  12. W

What do you do on your JOB

architectural illustrator... surf the interwebs 90% of the time, draw purdy pictures of buildings the other 10%
  13. W

arapaima, silver arowana, pairhana documentry

FYI... This entire HD video is "out there" on the interwebs in a single file at HD resolution...
  14. W

So I had a pair of cons that had a habit of eating their eggs and fry. I got these guys with the intentions of using the fry as feeders, but not for the parents :nilly: So, I moved them from their 20gal to a 50gal breeder which they are forced to share with 2 firemouths. From day one (about 3...
  15. W

Bio Tower for my DYI W/D

AGREE ^^^^ You'll also want to have some method of keeping them down. You'll find quickly that fresh scrubbies float and will just pour out the top of the container. ;)
  16. W

building a 1000 gal concrete block monster tank

Well, as it stands now, with the sanitred product on the block, the drylok wouldn't adhere to it. I know some people have had some success with drylok, but I talked to the company on 2 occasions and they recommended I don't use their product. It's just not meant to be used in this way. Not to...
  17. W

Interesting. So do you think the coverage issues were due to the porous block or the application with putty knives? My theory with Sanitred was that the cavities of the block once covered over with the product would bubble due to the trapped air inside the cavities escaping. I think that...
  18. W

Lake Raystown in PA

Nice! I grew up in Bedford. Used to fish Raystown a lot growing up. I'm actually going fly fishing on the Little Juniata this Sunday, which is about 10 mins north of Raystown. That dead one is a perch. Decent size too. They're good to eat, though that one probably wouldn't be :D
  19. W

Wow. I must have missed the action. I'm sorry to say that I have no updates. I've been wrapped up in other projects lately, and haven't had the funds to finish the big tank. I'll finish it eventually. I probably wont update this thread since it's full of so much garbage. I plan on making a...
  20. W

Help To Bring Asian Aros Back To The US...

We're still working on this. We've made some huge progress recently. There have been a few FWS meetings held to discuss this specifically. It's looking very good. Thanks for the support to those who have helped on this!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store