Search results

1. E

krylon fusion and scratching??

Hi im currently building a tank out of steel am am using a rubberised pondpaint to line the inside here is a link http://5playleisure.co.uk/Aquatics_PRODUCT_INFO.html it a UK company so not sure if you have similar in the states but this stuff sticks to virtually anything and dries like rubber...
  2. E

Advice needed RE: Water pressure,DIY tank ,bottom drain ,Nu-clear filter etc etc

Yes thats true ..But say my return enters at the top of the tank just below water level ? Where would the balance be? where would the water level in the pipe work sit naturally without the pump working?
  3. E

Advice needed RE: Water pressure,DIY tank ,bottom drain ,Nu-clear filter etc etc

Hello , I need a bit of advice I have recently built a DIY steel tank with 1"BSP bottom outlets and want to run a Nu-clear/Ocean-clear filter setup I have a couple of Q's regards water pressure and pump placement . Now with the outlet at the bottom I understand there will be a lot of pressure...
  4. E

FX5wont start

Jus leave it plugged in it will start, sometimes they do this ...Mine did it I spent ages switching it on and off but then jus left it and when i checked later bout half hour it was running fine..
  5. E

haitiensis

A few more shots of the haits ,the fry are coming on great too. .
  6. E

parachromis manguense, aquascape

Watch these might give you some ideas.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A2ZmHKMv8M http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXTSWpr1UOk
  7. E

haitiensis

No worries , guess ur only bout an hour or so away...
  8. E

haitiensis

haitiensis pair with fry
  9. E

150g CA 'Community' Stocking Advice

If your going CA community then that rules out he festae,GT, and Oscar for a start. So maybe a couple of vieja types and some smaller cichlids either thorichthys or cryptoheros I would look here http://www.cichlidae.com/gallery/distribution.php and pick a CA country click it and you will have...
  10. E

"Festivum" ID

I agree, but you should be able to get an ID at 2"+ if you get a pic showing the bars. Here's a pic of my m.festivum for reference taken at 2" they are now at least double the size
  11. E

Best way to euthanize large cichlids?

exactly!! A lot of people are not considering the differences between cold and warm blooded creatures. the freezing idea is fine . the cold will put the fish in a aneathetised sleep the fish will feel no pain and will be gone long before any ice crystals form.
  12. E

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CICHLID?

Cheers males get to around 12"and females probably 8" or so, mine are about half that at the mo
  13. E

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CICHLID?

Fave at the moment my c.spectabilis
  14. E

Festivum's...hows there temperment?

My largest sev is around 5" the festivums are 3-4" one pair are breeding and will chase away anything that comes close including the specs that used to be in with inthe same tank,infact the breeding pair defend the eggs with the same aggression levels of convicts ,which quite surprised me. ,the...
  15. E

Festivum's...hows there temperment?

I've got a couple pairs of wild festivus in my 8x2x2 and they can definately hold their own, they're in with uaru's and sevs and until recently spectabilis . they're a great fish and I think underated, would make a much better choice for your tank than the firemouth IMO. BTW most Festivum you...
  16. E

Amphilophus role call

It was from Conkel a friend of mine imported a group a year or so back. I'll agree he does have a lot of red/pink, maybe he's just the best looking trimac you've seen:D
  17. E

Amphilophus role call

Imported from Conkel or Rapps a year or so ago(not by me), what gives you doubts??
  18. E

Amphilophus role call

Here's a couple of my Trimac just under 12" now
  19. E

Broken RD...

Well naturally the red devil (Amphilophus labiatus) isn't a true piscavore like P.dovii etc. It's natural diet would consist of small crustaceans, insects, snails, worms and other bottom dwelling organisms. it is named "labiatus" after it's calloused lips developed by its feeding behaviour of...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store