Search results

1. DarthRhom

Juvinile black piranha help

You won't know at that size. Give him a dark substrate and he'll get darker. If its a rhom he'll get red eyes around 6-8".
  2. DarthRhom

12-2019 Rare fish price list 15% off on orders placed in next 10 days

Is the aimara still available?
  3. DarthRhom

Tank requirements

You're fine keeping any growout in a 140 gallon especially solo. Maybe you get a piraya past 16" but doubtful anything else would grow that big.
  4. DarthRhom

Is this a rhomb or something else?

How long did it take to get to 7.5"?
  5. DarthRhom

8ft Hole in the wall - Piranha

Looks great.
  6. DarthRhom

Why are my red belly piranhas not growing???

See if they'll take some beefheart. It's not the healthiest diet but it puts on size.
  7. DarthRhom

Injured rhom

Nice man. Glad to see he is recovering.
  8. DarthRhom

Breathing hard?

Aww man that sucks. Sorry for your loss.
  9. DarthRhom

Breathing hard?

Test your water so you can be sure the parameters are good. What do you use for oxygen? Is it working? It could be anything, a parasite on its gills. If it were me, I would make 100% sure my parameters are good and all equipment is working. Then maybe treat with something for parasites if...
  10. DarthRhom

Can anyone tell me what kind of flowerhorn is this

There's a whole flowerhorn section ya know? Post the pic there or get admin to move it.
  11. DarthRhom

Tank size for a single Piraya

I've read it's more like 14" with some reaching 16". The ones that push 20" aren't as common.
  12. DarthRhom

Fantail RBP

Deformed. Shouldn't be bred. It could lead to genetically weakening the natt gene pool.
  13. DarthRhom

Beginner here need some advice on tank

You'll be fine starting out with that. Temp range is fine. Stability is more important for the PH. Your tank is small for keeping Piranha so you need to put in work. Frequent water changes and live plants to help water quality. You may also experience territorial issues as they get bigger. Try...
  14. DarthRhom

Piranha vs channa

Just to be clear I don't agree with the gladiatorial deathmatch but the only difference from a 6" goldfish and a rhom is that the rhom has a chance to fight back. I feel like its basically the same thing. I could even buy it if you said a 1" feeder that gets swallowed whole but in this hobby we...
  15. DarthRhom

Piranha vs channa

I get what you're saying about the video. My point is when you feed live, hunt, fish, etc etc you are also subjecting an animal to suffering. Many people would consider the very nature of our hobby cruel.
  16. DarthRhom

Piranha vs channa

I disagree with the assessment that we only feed live out of necessity and not for our entertainment. My point being who are we to judge. Right or wrong its ALL unnecessary at the end of the day.
  17. DarthRhom

Can you help identify?...

Pedro gets a bad rap sometimes but if it isn't an altuvie he most likely genuinely believes it to be so and isn't just hanging a name on it to raise the value. I think you have a better than good chance of actually having an altuvie. They aren't seen too often so cherish it.
  18. DarthRhom

Piranha vs channa

I'm no expert on Shark Week but i've caught a few episodes. I saw a story about a warship that was sunk in WW2 and the survivors were in water for a few days before they were rescued and their ordeal with the sharks preying on them. That was the basis of the entire episode. Again my point...
  19. DarthRhom

Piranha vs channa

I'm not offended at all, I'm also not going to get into a pissing match with you over it. I find it hard to believe that on a site dedicated to large predatory fish that you've never fed live but ok. I will say it's not so far fetched for people to be interested in such things. Shark week is...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store