Search results

1. F

Guess what kind of Reptile

That's what I thought it might be but I wasn't sure because of the color difference between the ones I've seen and your pic. Your turn Zfoster.
  2. F

Marbled Crayfish clones itself? New species? Is this ad for real?

It's 100% real. I'm getting some from a friend soon. DNA testing has proven them to be most closely related to Procambarus alleni, and is quite possibly a hybrid cray of that and another species. There are other parthenogenic animals, such as several populations of Triops longicaudus, a couple...
  3. F

Stenodactylus petrii

Anybody know where I can get a male?
  4. F

Guess what kind of Reptile

Is it a bush viper species?
  5. F

RAM/ANGEL fish club

I'll join when I get my rams. Can rams and angels be kept in the same tank? Thinking about setting up a ram/angel tank or ram/apisto tank. Not sure which yet, but I'm leaning towards ram/angel if it will work.
  6. F

German Blue Ram Breeding "Journal"

They don't really get "pregnant", just full of ripe eggs. She'll be fatter and have a crimson belly.
  7. F

Apisto tank plants?

I need an idea of some Amazon-native plants to put in a future dwarf cichlid tank. I want to put maybe two or three Apisto species in it and a pair of ramirezi.
  8. F

what are these guys

They are definitely 100% bluegill. I would not recommend keeping him with the African cichlids, because of temperament problems that will occur. Bluegill are easy to breed in captivity. Just get a male♂ and a female♀, feed them well, and keep them at about 75°F. The male will dig...
  9. F

Polypterus questions

I'm thinking about setting up a 55 to breed polypterus in, and having a seperate baby growout tank. What do I need to do to trigger them to breed when they're ready? What is a good first food for the babies?
  10. F

Convicts are amazing.

Hotsauce, sometimes cons will breed in a day, sometimes it takes them a month. Depends on the individual fish. And it looks like your male is starting to get a little bit of a nuchal hump. :) Mine laid eggs last Saturday. Female is 2" male is 1.5". 300 total, I think I've got about 200-250 fry...
  11. F

Pond Comet Breeding?

Congrats! If you want them to survive, move the young. Golfish are notorius egg/fry eaters.
  12. F

My Crayfish & Babies

Depends on the cray. Do you have the same species he has pictured, or is it another species? American crays males will have gonopods, which are like and extra pair of "legs" that go up between the real legs. Australian species are a bit more difficult. Koji, nice pics and crays!!!
  13. F

Minnow ID

A better picture is going to be needed, since many minnows look very similar when not in breeding dress.
  14. F

Wanted: Wild or personally bred M. ramirezi

If any one has any wild caught rams or rams that they bred themself I'm looking for a male/female pair. Thanks, Steve
  15. F

Identify your North American Native Fish

Sorry. I meant to get a better pic up but I got too busy.
  16. F

Couple green sunfish

I agree with Teleost about the top fish. The second one looks like a redbreast to me. How big is the second one?
  17. F

Green Eared Sunfish

Greengills(L. macrochirus x cyanellus) are a commonly stocked fish because they grow big fast and can still reproduce. They look good too! That might be your hybrid, Arial_Sky.
  18. F

Identify your North American Native Fish

Guess you weren't quick enough. :D This one is a young male that belongs to my personal collection. I'll try to get another pic up here tomorrow of him. He's grown since then (about 2 weeks ago).
  19. F

What are these guys?

Those are definitely green sunfish, Lepomis cyanellus. The mouth is much too big for bluegill, and you can see the chromatophors(little black specks) on the sides that indicate green sunfish. Bluegill don't have these. They don't develope the white/orange/yellow/whatever margins on the fins...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store