Search results

1. A

Pond Filter

Go to koiphen.com and look up birdman's DIY fluid bed filter. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  2. A

Filter for 120,000 gallon Pond

What sort of bottom is in the pond? Bottom drains at all? Or are we taking a mud bottomed essentially natural pond that's on your land? Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  3. A

Can I have a Tigrinus or not?

How large are your rays? Your tig could easily become an expensive snack for them. Plus with the SD's, the tail filaments and whiskers on the tig could disappear too. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  4. A

Silver dollars and anubia

Onion plant would be a quick snack. My SD's eat anything green (including the plug at the end of an Eheim spray bar, and now gnawing the bar itself), but I'd still like to try Anubias and java fern. Keep us posted.
  5. A

Schroeders -vs- Minnows

Cool vid, but just wondering why the minnows are dying after a few seconds/minutes in the water?
  6. A

Brazil ray BAN news

Do you honestly need a better source than H2O? I think regardless of P14's and oversize leo's coming out the ban was/is sure to go back again. If there are a few people on this forum who received P14's or any of the fish that were still banned, I'm sure it's just a drop in the bucket...
  7. A

Sick ray - looks like bloody warts?

I ended up losing both rays that had it the worst around their discs while I was away (so not too sure how much worse they got). My large male also had it, but his spot was a big bloody spot (about 1.5" in diameter) with a ton (easily 1/2") of bloody mucous hanging from it on his underside...
  8. A

Rena Smart Heater

They fit perfect w smaller Eheim intakes as well.
  9. A

New Tiger

Fantastic tiger! How large is she?
  10. A

I've had rays in this tank for almost 3 years now; a pair of motoros before switching to flowers almost two years ago (tank was new, rays were the first fish in it, with the same sand the entire time). These same 4 fish have been alone in the tank for almost two years until this past weekend...
  11. A

I don't know, it's really hard to say. The two with the issues on the disc were lifting their discs before there was any sign of anything. A day later the red areas appeared where they were lifting their discs and panic set in. Doesn't appear to be old wounds by any means, but I suppose could be.
  12. A

Two of my four flowers now appear to be having some sort of 'issue'. It started with them both lifting their discs, though nothing was initially visible. There now appears to be a bloody red 'rash' on the underside of their discs. I would have just thought a scrape of some kind that would...
  13. A

Help with new Flower

Brown I would say is a good thing, white stringy isn't. New flowers can take a painfully long time to get eating, so hopefully your flower is in fact eating the blackworms.
  14. A

Should I trade JAG for a Pair of MM? :)

Another thing I'd consider is the potential to house the jag for life - if you've got the room to keep the jag when it gets to a 30" disc, then it becomes a little more difficult. If you don't seriously think you'll get a larger tank for the jag in the future (sorry, don't know what size...
  15. A

STINGRAY SLIMECOAT PROBLEMS

Good chance it has to do with your water parameters. I know when I was slack on changing the water for my motoros they'd let me know by shedding their slime coat. A quick 50% water change and they were back to normal.
  16. A

Ray identification

IMO, the few adults that I've seen of them are quite a unique ray, and nicer than a regular motoro. I brought some in a while back and sold some to red_dragon99 on this forum, and the most recent updates of them from a while back kind of make me wish I had kept them!
  17. A

Silver Dollar appreciation :D

I added a couple leaves I trimmed off of some anubias to see if my SD's would eat it (red hooks, duriventre, schomburgki), and there was nothing left within a couple hours. Not too sure why you'd need to cook any vegetables to get SD's to eat them because they eat all sorts of vegetation , in...
  18. A

New Colombia

So by bands, do they count white and black, or just one colour or the other? I've attached pics of both of my male flowers, with what I think are pretty close to full tails (excuse the. First pic shows my largest male flowers' tail, along with the tail of one of my females. Last two pics...
  19. A

New Colombia

Why do you go by 'bands' as for judging tail length on flowers? With my four the 'bands' are completely variable - one male has 5 up to and including the band that his stinger(s) are on, and probably 4 or 5 after and I'd say he's got a full tail (9-10 total). My other male also has 5 up to his...
  20. A

MALE FLOWER -VS- FEMALE FLOWER GROWTH

The smaller pair I've had maybe 7 months, the larger pair I think about a year and a half, maybe two years. The larger female had 'issues' for over two months before she'd feed on her own, while the male grew like a weed and ate the whole time (she's only put on 2-3" while he's put on probably...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store