Search results

1. D

Vieja Argentea

Old post revival I know but here is what she looked like before she stopped feeding and eventually passed away. Seriously the best fish I have ever owned, bar none.
  2. D

Cichlids for sale, West Lothian, Scotland.

Ok a long shot that there are other members near me but worth shot. So after many many happy years fish keeping its time to sell up. All fish are pick up only, sorry I wont ship no matter how much you offer me. Jack Dempsey Juvinile fish, around 3 years old. Semi Aggressive, but have had...
  3. D

why can't i have an aro group

FFS sorry for your loss :(
  4. D

Hero Rotkeil?

Thanks guys.
  5. D

Hero Rotkeil?

He was like that when bought him as a hand in at my LFS bud.
  6. D

Hero Rotkeil?

Thanks for that guys. Ive fallen out of love with fish keeping, bought him on a whim about 10 months ago as a "Blue Cheek" Severum. :shakehead Anyway im now selling up and just wanted an ID before I do. Thanks again. Das.
  7. D

Hero Rotkeil?

Hi there. Long time no see guys. Would someone be able to id this Severum for me. Is it a Hero Rotkeil? TIA Das.
  8. D

Best heaters

Just bought one for my Discus tank and they do look like a great heater. Automatic shut off, unbreakable resin body, and doubles up as the intake side of an external filter and when bought off ebay not that much more expensive than a conventional glass heater.
  9. D

Help with fx5 please

Are all the connectors sealed properly. It sounds like it may be drawing in air, hence the constant purging.
  10. D

sexing my rose queen

LoL thats what gave it away to me too :ROFL:
  11. D

Eheim filters, I need help!

Never had a problem in any of my external filters, all eheims have a space at the top exactly for that.
  12. D

Key Chemical to Detect Chlorine

Chlorine is very unstable, hence the ammount of councils turning to Chloramine to bleach water, but if you have a couple of airstones chlorine will burn off in a few hours. If your using Prime at the suggested doze I dont think you have anything to worry about. For cheaper chlorine dozing look...
  13. D

Help! I left my lights on in my tank and I'm on vacation.

Yea that was my first thought too.
  14. D

Eheim filters, I need help!

Having used both id say the ecco is easier to maintain. Id never thought of trying to back flush the classic but as when you maintain a filter you normally change the filter wool I doubt there would be much benifit to back flushing IMO. The Eco's are much under rated. Their priming handle is the...
  15. D

Key Chemical to Detect Chlorine

Are you not using anything to help remove the chlorine when you do water changes?
  16. D

How do you raise PH with Malaysian Driftwood?

I had this issuee too, but my ph drop was far worse, <5. A handfull of crushed coral in both external filters buffered it back to between 6.5 and 7. Remember that it will disolve away amd you'll need to keep topping up the crushed coral.
  17. D

Rocks or Sand?

Normal sand wont harm your fish, but the areobic pockets that can build up will. Dont buy the cheap stuff, but aquarium grade sand and you wont get problems with areobic pockets.
  18. D

cracking open my canister.

I cant read the origional post, the picture covers 3 time zones :nilly:
  19. D

Do air pumps really provide oxygen into the water?

Halleluja, after reading all that someone finals gets in just 21 words. :woot:
  20. D

Synspillum X King Kong Parrot

Heres my RBK's From this to this And from this to this
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store