Search results

1. DB junkie

Small update - Dorado

I feel bad for not having something bigger for them yet but hopefully in the future they'll be able to really stretch out. These guy have to be some of my favorite fish I've ever kept.
  2. DB junkie

Harlequin Lancer Cats - Nippers????

The very small mouth is half the reason I was wondering about it being him/her - Its only the very tip of the rays tail - but mine sounds like a very similar temperment - comes out to scarf sinking carnivore then back to the driftwood. Doesn't pay attention to the rays much but he sure seems to...
  3. DB junkie

Harlequin Lancer Cats - Nippers????

I have some sweet baby rays swimming around with nipped tails. ONLY thing in with them is a Harley Cat. Are these things nippers? Could he be the culprit for the white tail tips? Or are my un btrustable flat fish being themselves? Have been watching the camera on the tank for days and...
  4. DB junkie

Rollin' in my basement with O deo.

Tried my hand at a clever pun. Sorry, but here are some pics of my group. Down to 6. :( For reference tank is a 8x4 600.
  5. DB junkie

Runts

WTF. Can't find DELETE?!??! PLEASE DELETE.
  6. DB junkie

Runts

https://www.facebook.com/messenger_media?attachment_id=904711797761847&message_id=mid.%24cAAAAADnADpqT-Si8-mNx-LG6_OEh&thread_id=506135418
  7. DB junkie

Odoe pike owner. Anyone else

Was going to ask what it was grown out in - looks as if it was raised in a good sized tank (much larger then 120) I remember it being said these fish only live 5 years or less. I believe I've had 2 groups that lived longer. Current group now is probably 7-8 years old. One of the most...
  8. DB junkie

Mini marbled Motori vs hystrix

Someone is actually selling minis for over 3k a pair and people tell me $400 is too much?!??!! That's ironic, comical and sad all at the same time. Wanna know the punchline????? Its that when someone ponies up for the $3K/pair of knockouts this hobby still expects those pups to be sold for...
  9. DB junkie

They are farming minis now??? What country are you from? I see people on here talking about selling Hystrix for over $500 - I can't sell my captive bred minis for $400. Maybe we should all agree to disagree..... lmfao.
  10. DB junkie

Lince and phantom RTC with stingrays pros and cons?

Me too. That's why the one I had was moved out of a 10x4 750 that he paced relentlessly to a 2K+ gallon pond. These fish need room. Few thousand gallons minimum in my opinion.
  11. DB junkie

Lince and phantom RTC with stingrays pros and cons?

Do some research - you'll find most keepers with a soul end up feeling bad for keeping a Lince in a water box that they thought was big enough....... While they might not get all that "BIG" I'd argue they need more room then about anything out there pound for pound.
  12. DB junkie

How long have you been working with the species in your avatar? Curious size of the breeders? You're really getting $600-700/ pup???
  13. DB junkie

Would LOVE to hear the argument for Hystrix over mini Marbles...... I personally don't think there's a more desirable species of any ray to keep then Marbles period. Here's the issue...... The Stingray world is into fads BIG TIME.....Lets discuss the last time ANYONE saw a Marble for sale...
  14. DB junkie

Any species that would fit a 3 Foot Wide tank?

The waterfront in Utah has or at least did have Mini Marbles...... IF they're gone already I had some born last week and still have 2 females holding..... Will likely be ready after New Years......
  15. DB junkie

Future of the Ray Keeping Hobby?

Been a long time for sure man! How sad is it that I almost feel ashamed to say "yes - I'm still at it"?!??! The amount of money it takes to keep it together year after year is pathetic. I should feel proud but it's the exact opposite. I'd post pics IF I could. Haven't had a camera for...
  16. DB junkie

Golden Dorados...... Your experience with them as an aquarium fish

Must just depend on the individual fishes???? I have 3 here that live with silver characins half their size - have for years. I suppose I could run an experiment - toss some smaller silver dollars in with them...... Would bet they don't even touch them.
  17. DB junkie

For Sale Male Marble Breeder "Royal" "AAA" "Mini"

Yup. Sent you a text on 7/28 at 12:13PM....... Never received a reply.
  18. DB junkie

Latest batch of golden dorado at Predatory Fins - can these be true brasiiensis?

IS a guy right in thinking IF they don't occur in the same places then shouldn't catch location basically ID them???? Thoughts?
  19. DB junkie

For Sale Male Marble Breeder "Royal" "AAA" "Mini"

Open to offers..... NEED to get some of these guys rehomed.
  20. DB junkie

Latest batch of golden dorado at Predatory Fins - can these be true brasiiensis?

Obviously I don't know....... So - IF your take on the sticky is that its made up IS your angle that there's just one species? DO we all have Frankies?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store