Search results

1. twhittle

Barring on Midas permanent?

I’ll be curious how this guy turns out.
  2. twhittle

Barring on Midas permanent?

Just got this 4 inch fish sold as a Midas. 1. Is this a Midas? 2. Looks male to me. Thoughts? 3. Will he stay barred or will he peel?
  3. twhittle

The forever disease

Haven’t tried that. Just ordered some.
  4. twhittle

The forever disease

I don’t know how to get rid of the white patches in the mouth and on the scales of my carpintis. I have treated him in a hospital tank for a bacteria and a virus. He’s acting and eating fine, and it seems to get better then comes back. This has been ongoing for 6 months. Any suggestions?
  5. twhittle

Musical Tanks

I have north of 20 tanks I’ve accumulated over the last 35 years of keeping cichlids in my shop, ranging from 75-1,200 gallons. I’ve got lots of places to move them fortunately. I’m just pleased that these two fish aren’t being bullied anymore.
  6. twhittle

Musical Tanks

I never kept the carpintis with the argentae. They never worked. I have many, many tanks in my shop and just couldn’t get those specific fish to work with anything until now.
  7. twhittle

Musical Tanks

I have struggled to get my carpintis and Argentae cichlids to coexist with other fish. Either they attack, or get beat up. It’s been a month now and have finally found combos that work. My argentae does well with my huge Oscar, and my carpintis peacefully works with my female Midas/Devil. It’s...
  8. twhittle

ID please

He was in a peacock tank and seems to be doing well.
  9. twhittle

ID please

Thanks. I was given a bunch of peacocks and thought he was one.
  10. twhittle

ID please

What kind of African Cichlid is this?
  11. twhittle

Oscar eye

I noticed my Oscar with red under his eye tonight. Eye doesn’t appear bulging and he is eating and acting normal. Any thoughts on what this is?
  12. twhittle

15 ft long build

Just finished doing the specs on a 15 ft long by 30 inch plywood aquarium build. Will be around 500 gallons. I have the perfect place for it in my shop. Anyone else ever do a longer rectangular shape aquarium?
  13. twhittle

My peaceful 125

That’s kind of how I was feeling.
  14. twhittle

My peaceful 125

I am enjoying this peaceful 125 gallon. I have uaru, electric blue jack dempsey, geophagus altifrons, severums, giant danios, redline sharks, red tail black sharks, clown loaches, a couple bristlenose plecos, a Raphael stripe cat, electric blue acara, kribensis, and a keyhole cichlid. It is...
  15. twhittle

Fish room pics…peaceful finally.

Enjoying some more peaceful cichlids…except the Red Devil who has a tank to himself.
  16. twhittle

Flesh eating bacteria in Uaru?

My uaru developed a bulge in his cheek that evolved to this. I have him in a hospital tank. Should I be treating him for a bacteria? Any thoughts on what this is and how to treat?
  17. twhittle

Male or female super red severum?

I did try Google. Super reds seem harder to tell.
  18. twhittle

Male or female super red severum?

What do I have? Boy or girl?
  19. twhittle

Datnoid Cloudy Eyes

Thank you. I will just do regular water changes and over filter.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store