Search results

1. beachman22

Testing new tank for leaks... How long??

Hi all, I've been out of the game for a while but after finding a nice little 29 gal on the sidewalk I decided to rescue it and start a new tank. It was filled with sawdust when i got it so I think the previous owner was using it for a hamster or something. I brought it up to my roof and...
  2. beachman22

How the hell you pellet train!? HELP PLEASE!

dats are very stubborn and they dont take to pellets easily. The best way i have found is if they like shrimp, stuff a few pellets into the shrimp. That way they get used to the pellets and associate it with food. Do this for a few weeks and your dats will soon be taking pellets right when...
  3. beachman22

Small dats and Tiger Barbs??

yes, i had some barbs in with my juvie dats so they would stop fighting eachother and they just chased the barbs around when they were bored. unfortunately, i would say you need another tank if you want all those fish
  4. beachman22

What to do about feeding fish while on vacation?

just feed them alot for a day or maybe 2... then do a big water change right before you leave. Your fish will be fine without food for a week or 2, you may even notice a growth spurt when you come back.
  5. beachman22

How I got my little indos to eat Massivore

good job... dats are so fun when they are this tiny, i want some babies now:)
  6. beachman22

dats & clowns help

be careful... i had 4 dats, 1 of them was very aggressive and 6 cl in my 120 gallon. The aggressive dat tried to swallow one of the loaches one day and got the sub-ocular spine right through his jaw. It permanently damaged the dats mouth and obviously the loach died soon after. I never had...
  7. beachman22

55 gal tank and metal stand $55- Brooklyn NY- PU only

Bump... This has to go tonite!! Ahhhhhhhh nothing like waiting til the last minute
  8. beachman22

Sorry i should have clarified... this is for the tank and stand only. No leaks! It has been empty as of yesterday, but maybe i can dig up some old pics. PM me if interested. Thanks!
  9. beachman22

Hi, I have a 55 gallon tank and a metal stand that I don't want to take when I move next week. Priced to go fast...$55. Brooklyn NY, close to Ridgewood Queens. Great deal for anyone in the area. Pick-up only please. Thanks!
  10. beachman22

2 Indo Dats and 1 Acarichthys heckelii- Brooklyn, NY- PU only

I am moving out of my place in Brooklyn and unfortunately I can't move with my fish so I have to give them up. I have 2 Indo Dats - Smaller one is about 4-5" - Larger one is about 5-6" (these guys will eat pellets. I also feed frozen krill and sometimes BW) and 1 Acarichthys heckelii...
  11. beachman22

Again, Another Chinese Perch Update

very nice!
  12. beachman22

Iron Maiden listeners

^lol My favorite Iron Maiden song is "Hallowed Be Thy Name". It rips:headbang2
  13. beachman22

Does anyone watch "It's Always Sunny..."

This is probably my favorite show on TV right now. The writing is fantastic and all the characters are great. My favorite is Charlie. My friends say I act like him sometimes...lol. Anyone else watch this awesome show???
  14. beachman22

Assassin's Creed

I want:drool:
  15. beachman22

Heroes

I watch this show religiously, and I do think Peter has every one of sylar's powers he just forgot how to use them. My favorite new character is the girl with muscle memory. I don't remember her name but she is really smokin'. I really don't like mohinder. He just causes too many problems...
  16. beachman22

Why has he started Charging the glass?

It could also be bad water quality. I would do a big water change if i were you.
  17. beachman22

sizing up the pump size for a w/d

Sounds like you are trying to make it more complicated than it has to be. Running long tubes for returns will greatly reduce to amount of flow your pump will produce. I know just going up only five feet with my mag-drive pump will cut the flow in half.
  18. beachman22

ID again?

:iagree: Nice indo
  19. beachman22

Does Bio-Spira work???

Worked for me before. Just make sure its been refrigerated.
  20. beachman22

Memo Warns: Kids Using Human Waste to Get High

"Did you just flush? Oh, man...why you gotta waste it like that?". lol
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store