Search results

1. Vicious_Fish

Any Bonsai tree Keepers?

2. Vicious_Fish

Any Bonsai tree Keepers?

I have a dwarf Persian Lime that I keep indoors during the cooler months. I guess you could consider it a large bonsai.
  3. Vicious_Fish

Older Members

Boo.
  4. Vicious_Fish

Dart frogs

I know it's illegal to export some species out of particular countries where they are protected or native. Certain countries farm exotic frogs for the pet trade such as Red-eyes. Almost all the darts that you see for sale are captive bred anymore. Most breed readily in captivity and are not hard...
  5. Vicious_Fish

Dumpy frog not eating well

Well that's unusual because this species is known for being a voracious eater. The temperature seems fine. Do you lower it at night? Perhaps add a few more hiding places. I'm a big fan of live plants in my setups. The tank seems a bit bright, partially due to the paper towels I think.
  6. Vicious_Fish

Dart frogs

Hey, nice darts and vivariums! I've wanted to setup a dart tank for years but I just never had the time. I should since I already breed 2 species of fruit flies for my Lygodactylus williamsi geckos!
  7. Vicious_Fish

Meet Goliath and Little Foot

Yep, I picked up that rolling pen this summer for him. Someone used it as a puppy pen and it works great! It's 16'x12'. I move it to a new location in our backyard about once a week in the summer. Now that it's cold my guy is moved indoors to his tortoise table. He really only sleeps in it and...
  8. Vicious_Fish

Meet Goliath and Little Foot

Nice Aldabra! I'd love one but I already have my hands full with my 9 year old, 30 lb. male Sulcata that's a rescue. I've had him for a little over 3 years now.
  9. Vicious_Fish

What bulb for my ministat?

How many watts is it? The 100 is more for heat mats I think. The 300 should be able to handle heat emitters.
  10. Vicious_Fish

Crocodile skink problem

Sounds pretty typical of the species to me. I've never kept Croc Skinks, but I did a lot of research on them years ago when I was thinking about getting a pair. Do you have any substrate for it to dig and hide in? Damp moss works well for this species if you want to keep it natural. Some people...
  11. Vicious_Fish

Crocodile skink problem

Well that's definitely damp enough for a croc skink. It doesn't look like fungus. How is it doing at the moment?
  12. Vicious_Fish

ornate monitor feeding?

Hatchlings should be offered food daily until they grow into the subadult size. I would offer 1/2 dozen crickets a day and see how many it takes down and adjust from there.
  13. Vicious_Fish

ornate monitor feeding?

Try some larger size roaches. Dubia's get over 2" long so that might spark it's interest. The only monitor species I've kept are Ackies which mainly eat insects so I never bought any canned diets. I do feed mine scrambled eggs about twice a month and they lick the plate clean. Mine also get...
  14. Vicious_Fish

ornate monitor feeding?

Well don't give up on the insects. Food variety plays a big part in healthy development in monitors.
  15. Vicious_Fish

budgetts vs african clawed vs horned frogvs african bullfrog vs cane toad

I currently have an 8 year old female African Bullfrog. When I got her she was the size of a 50 cent piece. Now she's about the size of a large grapefruit. I really had wished she was a male since they get more than double that size but she's still interesting none the less.
  16. Vicious_Fish

ornate monitor feeding?

I agree, you should try to stick with insects while they're young. What you really need to start is a dubia roach colony. They're a must when keeping monitors and they help you save some cash on your food bill.
  17. Vicious_Fish

Crocodile skink problem

How humid is your setup? Does it have at least a large bowl to soak in?
  18. Vicious_Fish

Anyone else want a Fox as a pet?

I know the Russians have semi-domesticated the Red Fox to the point that it acts very much like a dog and comes in a variety of colors. The problem is they're very expensive to import out of the country.
  19. Vicious_Fish

Show Us Your Feathers

I have lots of poultry running around my place. Chickens, ducks, turkeys, guinea fowl and a goose.
  20. Vicious_Fish

Any Fellow Uroplatus Keepers

Nice setup! I too have always wanted to keep U. phantasticas....... if they weren't so dang expensive.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store