Search results

1. C

Rare CA/SA Pic thread!

Google image results for "pink convict": http://images.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hl=en&source=hp&q=pink+convict&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g2 And "xanthic jaguar cichlid"...
  2. C

Female dovii with fry

Wow! Females are underrated I think.
  3. C

DREAM FISH ???????

Cryptoheros nanoluteus are always fun, you could shove a lot in a 55 with driftwoods and plants and all that.
  4. C

Returning to the dark side... Need suggestions

Haha welcome to the dark side, I see it is time to learn the difference between "predatory" and "territorial" :)
  5. C

Mega Monster Dovii

Not mine, but I have a couple offspring from this pair at about 5.5" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy9APu9jE_E
  6. C

Video: Yellow Head Spawn

Thanks for the compliments everyone :) I don't know how many fry there are because the cloud is so spread out but it has to be one thousand plus. This is my first successful spawn, so I don't have any experience growing out the fry. I think I am going to just leave the fry with the parents...
  7. C

Video: Yellow Head Spawn

Came home from vacation to see this: :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8GZFjaTc9o
  8. C

Istlanum Video

Like Washington? :) I would love a small group, say four to six, whenever you are ready.
  9. C

Davidefc CA cichlid tank thread

Where are you getting altoflavus? Great looking setup by the way.
  10. C

my dovii are a little nuts?!

I think your theory about the dominance makes sense. By removing the largest fish from the group, or rather the group from the largest fish, the so-called pecking order is upset. This leaves the group of thirteen fish with no status quo, and they fight to determine who is on top. Conversely...
  11. C

Success raising beani from smaller sizes?

Obviously there has been a surge of beani in the hobby lately. Initially I purchased a couple small fish, around two inches, but sold them because I did not feel like they were worth the large amount of money I paid for them, especially since there are numerous reports of beani being hard to...
  12. C

Istlanum Spawn video

wow the fry will be ready that soon? awesome, i will definitely check in with you later.
  13. C

Istlanum Spawn video

I hear you will have fry available from an earlier spawn soon? Any chance you could send some my way? :)
  14. C

New AAA++ Grade Must see!

i cant believe no one else did the math.
  15. C

Another successful spawn - Istlanum

No no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!! We need shipping!!!!!!!!!
  16. C

Grammodes Issues

How big is the pair? I could take them for you depending on the price if you would be willing to ship.
  17. C

La Ceiba/Rio Danto Parachromis spawning drama

Update: Over the next couple days, the fungus spread throughout the eggs until the whole rock was just a big fuzzy mess. At this point I gave up on getting any fry from this spawn, until tonight I was watching the tank and saw a couple pieces of debris near the bottom that seemed to be...
  18. C

La Ceiba/Rio Danto Parachromis spawning drama

I have the same plastic plant too :) I think it is interesting that males of this species always, always have that forehead profile that isnt seen as consistently on any other Parachromis species. Twenty hours later, the eggs should be rotting if not fertilized right?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store