Search results

1. N

Testing the waters with a partial plywood build.

Hum Good tank for upside down cats.LOL
  2. N

Do I Need Bottom Bracing?

You did not say what the tank is constructed out of or what the base will be.If this is a wood tank and on a strong stable base then no you are fine. If it is glass I would suggest a solid sub base for the glass bottom.
  3. N

1.5-2 inch Blue eye longfin BN plecos and Yellow Shrimp

Try this link for info. View topic - L 144 or xanthoristic species of Bristlenoses?• Forum ...
  4. N

DIY center brace

If you are looking to replace the entire top try www.glasscages.com/ or most local fish stores can order. You can also just bend or have bent a piece of aluminum or stainless to fit across the center of the tank.
  5. N

experiment for school.

What exactly was the purpose of the experiment?
  6. N

quick question.

It would be oscar snack time for sure.How young a oscar?
  7. N

for new tank.....good idea/bad idea?

#1 yes #2 Bring over existing #3 yes #4 yes
  8. N

How to breed Bushy nose plecos

Cave or flowerpot Drop water temp down to 68 degrees Feed well for a week or two If they don't spawn ,raise temp to 78 to 80 degrees.
  9. N

PLEASE HELP CHOOSING GLASS THICKNESS, QUICKLY!!!!

Best to use wood then use styro to cushion the bottom of the tank.
  10. N

purifying water

Mrchub I think you might want to detail your tank size, filtration being used, types of fish and your current water parameters.For some species and breeding purposes it is common to change water parameters. Most fish will adapt to water conditions.
  11. N

purifying water

Not dumb question,sure you can do it but why.If you are trying to change water parameters a RO unit will be more effective and less costly in the long run.Most human units use carbon and are costly if using lots of water.
  12. N

is www.Aquabid.com down today?

Mark's changing servers ,the 2 to 3 hrs time yesterday has grown.Problems Problems.Patience will win.
  13. N

Does formalin/formaldehyde stain acrylic?

Shouldn't be a problem, no dyes. I have use it in acrylic fry traps with no problem.
  14. N

New pickup 180g for 140$

Looks like a good start to a nice project.
  15. N

Saturday Plywood Tank Build - Advice Needed!!!

Is the tank 8' left to right with 2 pcs 4' wide Plex for the front viewing area? Is there a 2" or 3"center strip of 5/8 plywood ? You would want a brace at that point as the ply and plex joints would be the weak point. Pic would help.
  16. N

Need to ask.. is 1 300watt Heater enough for a 150gallon tank??

Using the suggested 5 watts per gallon this would equate to 900 watts. Being in socal where the weather is generally warmer I would think 2 heaters 300 to 350 watts would help maintain the temp you desire.
  17. N

tank stand

If you use 2"x4" doubled up and with the 4" facing toward the top then you are good to go.I use single 2"x4"s on my 55 gallon tanks with the 4" vertically and never had a problem. HTH
  18. N

"Crack" in glass tank

You gotta love those disappearing cracks.:ROFL:
  19. N

My tiger red and albino tiger red laid eggs!!! NOW WHAT!?!?!?!

If they turn out to be a pair and you want them to successfully spawn and raise there young then a tank of their own would be in order.Your present tank occupants will probably produce a holy war. Ps Oscars with eggs or young can and will draw blood if you decide to venture your hand into...
  20. N

ideas to save plywood tank build??????

Fwiw I have build at least 5 tank's 8'x2'x2' out of 3/4" plywood using 2" and 2 1/2" # 6 wood screws. The only bracing was 2 pieces of 5/4" x 5 1/2" across the front and back set 1/4" below the top.During assembly the screws holes were predrilled and then filled with a good grade of wood...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store