Search results

1. A

Fish Coloration Terms & Definitions

Leucistic: lacking or mostly lacking chromatophores. Not a true albino (ie: colored eyes). Correct please if I'm rong but isn't the term "Lupino" the same as the aforementioned? For example an allmost Albino Oscar but with black eyes nsted of red (where for the lack of pigment you can see the...
  2. A

NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Here in Portugal (for anyone that doens't now it, its the more Western country in Europe) we've had some foreing introductions in lakes and rivers. The most noticeble two happened during the 1930s; the introduction of the mosquito fish (gambuzia affinis) for the (stupid) purpose of reducing...
  3. A

Flowerhorn raising fry in community 180

that FH looks great. I've never seen one "live and in colour" since in Portugal theyre very hard to come by...
  4. A

Well apart from a solar panel the only other thing I can think of that might save you electricity in heating wold be some sort of greenhouse bilt aroud the aquarium.
  5. A

Couldn't you get a solar panel sistem possably using a water deposit and a solenoid electric valve to heat upa your aquarium?
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store