Search results

1. D

Plarinum Jardini

Hi everyone. Haven't been on here for a couple of years. What's the deal on platinum jardini's. Are they very rare and what would be the cost. I just picked up one and will reveal what I paid after a few replies.
  2. D

My Best SRD

I actually got him when he was around 3 inches. Cost me about $10 from a coworker. I bought him lunch, he gave me a fish! This is when I first got him on July 25th, 2015.
  3. D

My Best SRD

Thanks. This is a very expensive hobby of mine!!!
  4. D

My Best SRD

Hey everyone. This is a picture of my best SRD. The head isn't really big but the pearls on the head go all the way across from side to side. He's about 5 inches now. What do you guys and gals think? Any comments and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ed.
  5. D

Thai Silk w/high potential

Great blue color. It almost looks like a short body.
  6. D

Help, Gash on Head

Well, I came home from work and found that one of my srds had a wound on its head. I'm thinking it's a gash instead of some type of disease because it happened so quickly. When I left for work this morning, his head was fine and now there's a big wound. I think he ran into the filter intake...
  7. D

What Is A KSRD?

Hi everyone. I was told I have a KSRD but I can't find any information about what are the differences between an SRD and a KSRD.
  8. D

Thai Silk/ Blue Diamond FH: where to buy?

I second Julie from Aqua Craze. I just made a 6 hour roundtrip just to pick up a Super Red Dragon. Ironically, I'm going again next week for one of her Thai Silks. She has very good prices and quality.
  9. D

Please Rate, Starting Over

Hey everyone. Well, after 2 years, I'm getting back into flowerhorns. Starting off slow with 2 SRDs. The first 2 pictures are of my 4.5 incher and the second 2 pictures are of my 3 incher. How would you rate them and what do you think about their potential? My plan for the future is to get 2 of...
  10. D

Is this the coloring of the flowerhorn or disease?

Also, be aware that it might take a long time to fade and will look worse before getting better looking. Just keep doing what you're doing.
  11. D

Is this the coloring of the flowerhorn or disease?

I had a flowerhorn that looked like that. People told me it was fading. If you take a closer look at the fins, it's the coloration and white color that makes it looked ripped up like from a fight. I would just leave it alone If it's just the coloring with no loss of appetite or unusual...
  12. D

Getting Back into Flowerhorns. What About This?

Hey everyone. Decided to get back into flowerhorns. Currently have tanks with aros, tilapia, Oscars and other big monsters. Will be going to Aqua Craze next week to take a look at their stock. I have done well with Julie at Aqua Craze before and was looking at Craigslist and found this male...
  13. D

What is it Worth?

I know. It seems like they don't care about it and just wants to get rid of it but why didn't they just take the $100 offer? I'm going to have to take a real good look at it to see if it leaks. I'm wondering if it's still worth $100 if I have to reseal it myself. How much would it cost to...
  14. D

What is it Worth?

I just talked to the owner and he said so far someone has offered $100. I don't care about the other things, I just want the tank. Going to see it tomorrow. Hope it doesn't leak.
  15. D

What is it Worth?

Hey guys. I'm going to go take a look at this tank. Owner said it was the ex's saltwater tank and the water evaporated. It is glass and didn't leak when it was shut down but said that they didn't know if salt can make it leak. What should I offer and do you think it leaks because of the...
  16. D

I Need Help!!!

Hi everyone. Well, my garbage disposal red-tailed catfish swallowed a plastic clip used for holding veggies for my pleco. The clip is about 2.5 inches long, shaped like Nemo and has a suction cup. The catfish is about 14-15 inches long. I picked it up to pull out the plastic clip but...
  17. D

Disappearing Neons.....Whose the Culprit?

I'm almost positive it was the comet. I've raised almost every type of goldfish anf some koi. They will eat almost every live fish it can fit in its mouth. One time I was cleaning my tank (180 gallon) with 2 10 inch koi and a couple of 5 inch comets an 2 blackmoors (pond for the koi would be...
  18. D

Pretty Cool

I didn't know where to post this so please move if needed. Take a look at this fish. I wouldn't know whether to mount it or let it go? Probably let it go. http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/albino-blue-marlin-surprises-anglers-off-costa-rica-definitely-not-a-typical-day/
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store