Search results

1. D

German Blue Ram Breeding "Journal"

Indeed they are, and it is true. I have done everything to induce spawning again, and nothing has worked. I think they've just faded away in terms of their breeding. I know the male atleast is about 1.5 years old.
  2. D

Hikari frozen

Yeah, they do.
  3. D

Styrafoam keepers. will it work?

I've been wondering the same thing. I think you can get things that hold up to like 30g, so you could breed or keep a considerable amount of things if this works. Hydro sponges+Styrofoam Box+Fish+Water = Fun?
  4. D

Hikari frozen

I thaw mine in a cup of tank water, and then use a pipette to distribute it. But in a pinch, I just toss a cube in the tank. My pikes always take care of it, and an army of Corydoras don't seem to miss anything. So, I'd say go for it.
  5. D

Are these shrimp a dye job or for real?

They're real. There's also blue tiger shrimp, with lines down their backs.
  6. D

monster fish id please

Definate oarfish.
  7. D

Rate the Signature Above you...

I dunno what any of that means, but I ate a sandwich once that I think was called an Autobot. 3.
  8. D

5 gall tank

Corydoras pygmaeus and Caridina serrata shrimp.
  9. D

55gallon

A big Apistogramma harem. :)
  10. D

Your Weak Point

I think everyone in the hobby has a 'weak point'. A subject they have no (or very little) knowledge of. I just kind of realized mine is African Rift Lake cichlids. I was thinking about throwing together a mini Tang. community, and then I noticed I had no knowledge of Africans, aside from Shell...
  11. D

Rate the Signature Above you...

8. From what I know, sounds pretty accurate.
  12. D

rate the avatar above you!!!

3. Faux-Punk isn't up my ally. :headshake
  13. D

Crenicichla Regani Breeding Log

Yeah, the Corydoras breed alooot.. there's a new batch of eggs every other water change from either the C. pygmaeus, or the C. paleatus.
  14. D

How can I encourage breeding?

I don't think that's right at all... You should have NO Ammonia at all. None. And you should have 0 Nitrites but some Nitrates. You'd have to be doing several 100% water changes daily to have constant 0 nitrates. I do 2 50% W/c's everyday on one of my tanks and I still have about 4 nirate.
  15. D

POST WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR MAIN TANK

55g Planted 20 Gold Tetras 6 Crenicichla regani 2 Apistogramma sp. 'Pebas' 6 Corydoras pygmaeus (C. regani makes'em dissappear real fast) 5 Corydoras paletus (soon C. sterbai) 1 Bristlenose plec
  16. D

Which Uaru is which?

There's no horizontal barring, which rules out Uaru fernandezyepezi, so I'd put money on them both being the same species, U. amphiacanthoides.
  17. D

Whatever it is, it's french, and probably icky. :D
  18. D

8. The shadow-black-blob throws it off. Neat fishy, though.
  19. D

So since yesterday, I've been doing 50% water changes twice a day, kind of doing the "rainy season" deal with them. Just to see what happens. I really don't think their breeding is based on wet/dry seasons, but it's worth a go anyways. The Corydoras in the tank are going nuts, though. =P Fresh...
  20. D

2. I've seen manlier men in Figure skating competitions.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store