Search results

1. C

For Sale | 200gal tall custom composite aquarium | $500 | Central Coast, CA | Pickup Only

What type of listing is this?: For Sale What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?: 200gal tall custom composite aquarium What are your prices?: 500 Where are you located?: Central Coast, CA Pickup or Able to Ship?: Pickup Only Description: Still trying to sell my custom plywood tank, originally...
  2. C

Custom 200gal tall aquarium setup - San Luis Obispo, CA - Pick up

My apologies, I just proof read this post. I originally just copied and pasted from my previous ad - there are no longer any fish or plants in this tank, but everything else is accurate.
  3. C

Custom 200gal tall aquarium setup - San Luis Obispo, CA - Pick up

Hello all. This tank was built using knowledge and advice I found mostly here, and there are a couple of build threads on it's original construction, and later it's teardown and complete reconstruction. This tank was the first I built, but at the time I redid it, I had made 5 or 6 others...
  4. C

ATTN Zavlar/Permadri users

Welcome... first tip for this forum: check the date on the last post before you reply (This thread has been dead for like 18 months) I don't know that I'd trust a liquid rubber product on a tank that large, but I'm not an expert by any means. I would definitely suggest some kind of fiber...
  5. C

Custom 200gal tall aquarium setup - Colorado Springs, CO - Pick up

Hello all. This tank was built using knowledge and advice I found mostly here, and there are a couple of build threads on it's original construction, and later it's teardown and complete reconstruction. This tank was the first I built, but at the time I redid it, I had made 5 or 6 others...
  6. C

Eco Complete with Carbonate (Aragonite) Topper

Thanks for the feedback. I actually found out that I can return my unopened bags of coral to petco locally (ordered online) for a refund. Their neutral gravel (similarly colored to aragonite) is actually cheaper, so, there's no reason not to swap it out. I will admit that I'm still curious about...
  7. C

LOL because we here at MFK ALWAYS do what the label says, right? :p. I just would like to understand before I try to return all this coral.
  8. C

I was planning on doing a 2" eco complete substrate with about 1/2 to 1" of crushed coral/aragonite on top to lighten it up a bit. I know the two would get mixed eventually but I thought the salt and pepper look would be OK. I just took delivery of the bags of eco complete though and the...
  9. C

600gal Plywood/Glass tank. Northern BC/AB Canada $500

Bumping. Can probably transport this somewhere on a weekend between now and april 26 if someone lives within a reasonable distance, or wants to meet me halfway or something.
  10. C

Bump. Looks like I'll be moving on April 26 so the pressure is on.
  11. C

Oh I almost forgot, I also have a 20gallon bucket filter that I've currently got doing most of the filtration. It sits on the back corner of the tank and acts like an overhead sump. It really works great if you wanted to remove the divider and run external filtration, but its a bit noisy and...
  12. C

Yes, the tank is currently set up with a ~100g area divided off for filtration. The divider needs to be re-glued but this isn't a big deal. The way I have it set up is with two koralia powerheads circulating water through the big filter area, but it would be easy enough to set the filtration up...
  13. C

NOTE: I am located in Fort St John, BC. If you are closeby we can talk about easier options. I need to get rid of this tank. If you can pick it up and will take the fish along with it, I'll practically give it away. This is a timber and fiberglass aquarium with two glass sides. Footprint of...
  14. C

4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Nolapete hasn't posted on MFK in almost six months. This thread is nearly 4 years old and it's the part II. I don't mean to be debbie downer but if I had to take a guess I'd say this baby aint getting completed in the near future.
  15. C

600gal Fiberglass/Glass Tank - Edmonton AB - Delivery

Yeah a trip from Ontario by road for this tank is probably prohibitive - like 4-5 days of solid driving each way, and that's if you don't run into inclement weather (I can tell you it's been snowing for nearly 2 weeks straight in Fort St John and the roads are not friendly.) I'm happy to jump...
  16. C

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really like this tank, I'm just sick of my garage being this cramped little space. I'd love to see it go to a good home.
  17. C

Yeah I think a 8000km round trip to pick up a tank might be excessive. I don't know about shipping... I know someone who is shipping her car from NYC to Reno for around $1000 though which is a similar distance.
  18. C

Thanks guys. I'll be sad to see it go, but I'm considering moving, and honestly I think someone else would get more enjoyment out of this tank than I can with it stuffed out in my garage. Here is a link to the build thread if anyone is interested...
  19. C

NOTE: I am located in Fort St John, BC. If you are closeby we can talk about easier options, however I'm planning a road trip to Edmonton on Dec 20 and I can bring this tank with me if someone there is interested. This is a timber and fiberglass aquarium with two glass sides. Footprint of the...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store