Search results

1. T

will going bare bottom heal HITH?

will adding another bag of biomax into the aquaclear help?
  2. T

wait so "magnum yes" what? haha
  3. T

if i dont clean the magnum with detergent frequently then it clogs up and has no flow. ok so as austin said, the white rocks are important. so what about the carbon? should i leave it out or put it back in?
  4. T

i soak the magnum 350 in detergent and water for a few hours. and for the hagen i squeeze out all the crap and rinse out the loose debris also theres a bag of bio max in the hagen. i rinse it lightly and do i have to replace it frequently? it also came with activated carbon, but when i first got...
  5. T

i clean the filters like every 2 weeks
  6. T

ok thanks. so ammonia problem first. how do i get rid of the ammonia? do i use ammonia removal chemicals?
  7. T

should i remove it like 1/4 every day or should i wait longer
  8. T

right now im out of the water testing strips. im gonna get some tomorrow. so should i just clean out all the filters and do a big water change for now? im not gonna have time to vacuum the gravel for a while and its already been a couple months so thats why i was wondering if this was the main...
  9. T

ok, but isnt all the crap in the gravel the main problem for the water quality? so thats why i was thinking about removing the gravel. oh yea, my bad about the ammonia, the problem is nitrates right now.
  10. T

its a 125 gallon with a magnum 350 and an aquaclear 300. so i think my filters are good. i am cleaning the filters and changing water frequently. its just that im afraid the main reason for the HITH is the dirty gravel because i dont have time to clean it. so im hoping once i go bare bottom it...
  11. T

hey, right now i have 3 oscars about 9 inches each. i currently have gravel and havent been vacuuming it lately, just water changes. so i think the nitrate and ammonia level is pretty high. right now 2 of my oscars are showing signs of HITH. if i convert to bare bottom and do water changes a...
  12. T

Siphoning big tanks

i also wanna know if the crap will float around the tank and will the water get cloudy quickly? my 3 oscars are about 9 inches
  13. T

Siphoning big tanks

haha. i think im just gonna go convert to bare bottom. so i only have to worry cleaning gravel. im probly just gonnna get a big hose for siphoning and use a small vacuum for cleaning some of the crap once in a while.
  14. T

Siphoning big tanks

but i need a wider diameter tube so i can cover more gravel cause with a skinnier tube i can only cover one small area at a time. i was thinking of making one out of a 2 liter soda bottle. just cut it in half and attach a big hose to it? will it work? thanks for the input
  15. T

Siphoning big tanks

hi, i have a 125 gallon tank with 3 oscars. im wondering what you guys use to siphon your large tanks because it takes forever for me to finish siphoning the rocks. my siphon tube is less then 2 inches diameter. i need something much bigger. do you guys make your own?
  16. T

cleaning gravel in 135 gallon tank help!!

hi i have a 135 gallon tank. it is 6 ft. by 18 in. right now i have a gravel cleaner but the cleaning tube diameter is only about 1.5 inches. and it takes forever for me to clean. i have been searching around the internet and the biggest i could find was 2.5 in. i want to know how you guys with...
  17. T

bio-gold plus or sinking carnivore for oscars?

dont they always do that? im feeding them hikari gold right now and thats what they do.
  18. T

bio-gold plus or sinking carnivore for oscars?

i would also like to know if the massivore delight will be good also thanks
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store