Search results

1. A

Can female bristlenose have bristles on nose?

So there's a chance some of these are females? Do females ever get the more developed forked bristles on the nose?
  2. A

Can female bristlenose have bristles on nose?

So I've got 5 largish bristlenose plecos, 3"-5" inches each I'd say. I aimed to get 1 male and 4 females and at the store, it really looked that way. Bristles on the sides of the mouth were very small and on the females, I couldn't see anything down the middle. But now, several months later...
  3. A

Looking to get into FH but a bit confused at this point...

Ok sounds like I'll be on the hunt for either kamalau or red zz, thanks for all the info.
  4. A

Thank you very much for the info Big. I'm glad to hear that about the red dragon, I probably like them the best but if I have trouble getting good fry, are there any other strains that are fairly fertile and don't take too long to mature? Also, any recomendations on a source for fry? As of...
  5. A

I've tried reading as much as possible on mfk, flowerhorncraze and google, but I'm finding it to be hard to get the info I'm looking for. It's just overwhelming with all the strains and crosses out there. So what I'm trying to do is get a pair breeding. I've kept south and central american...
  6. A

Smelt vs. Massivore

How would you compare massivore vs the combination of other seafoods? Have you ever fed each of those exclusively to see the difference?
  7. A

Review: Odyssea 9W UV sterilizer

Niice, it's good to see someone took the time to review a product like this. The price of the odyssea products seems to be a turn-off for many, but if I see more reviews like this, I'd definitely reconsider.
  8. A

Getting rid of mineral deposit

I've been cleaning tanks like crazy.. you can't believe the condition some of the used tanks I bought are in (dirt cheap). Use a spray bottle to get a good spray of vinegar over the deposit, let it sit, and either use a razor blade or a good scubber. A good scrubber, I used a metal one that...
  9. A

Two pumps, two tanks, one sump

Does each tank need it's own pump? Can you use one stronger pump and split the piping to each tank? I'm thinking this could cause a problem if your tanks have different heights.. any way around this?
  10. A

Creating Jobs. With Fish.

I really don't know if it would be worth to hire these inspectors to check up on previously illegal animals (why can't we be happy with the hundreds of fish we can own?) but I do like the idea of animal cruelty organizations getting into the aquarium world. Fish should be treated with the...
  11. A

Dainty eaters in the wild. What's the advantage?!

Seems like an interesting point, hopefully someone chimes in here
  12. A

how come the shipment services denied to ship fish

Wait so do you have to hide the fact that your box contains live fish when you bring it in or are they just required to tell people they can't do it?
  13. A

Unique crab/fish tank

I tried this a few years ago when I just got a 29g. I had 2 red clawed crabs I think so I took a decently big jar, and place it in the sand at an angle so there was a mini beach in there. You gotta work pretty hard to secure it so the air doesn't float your container up. It looked and worked...
  14. A

Petco's $1 per gallon sale starts today

I went to another petco and got 55, 40, 2 29s 2 20s. Since I got several tanks, the manager offered a 10g (which they had tons of) for 5$ which I took. It's a good sign that they are able to make a deal, maybe they can even go bigger on deals.
  15. A

Petco's $1 per gallon sale starts today

I picked up a 55 and a 40b this afternoon from the sale. But, this is good info. Does anyone else have experience using a wholesaler?
  16. A

Guess what I got!!

Black barred sd
  17. A

Finally Got Some Platinum Angelfish

Nicee platinums where always my favorite.
  18. A

My $6 FlowerHorn "Lil Man"

That's an awesome fish, especially for 6$. I'd be extremely pleased.
  19. A

400gal PICS ray,arow,knife,eel,gar,dat,p-bass,birchir,fie fieng,flowerhorn, severum p

That's an amazing tank. I really love the combination of monsters you have, it really is a little bit of everything and it appears as though it's working out beautifully. Perfect stock for a 400g, great job.
  20. A

Dream tank

This is my dream tank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieklBWBRTA8
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store