Search results

1. _Sushi_

It's been a while, but I'm back!

Thanks for the warm welcome back, everyone, I appreciate it! I just took some new photos today to update on how my little monster is doing. It's growing like a little weed! My son decided to name it Fossil.
  2. _Sushi_

It's been a while, but I'm back!

It's been about a number of years since I've kept Piranhas, but I'm officially back into it, and it feels so good! I hit the fish store June 12, and found a juvenile RBP who is completely missing the left eye, scrunched into the corner as far as it could go, and so it came home with me. With...
  3. _Sushi_

what happened to feeder guppies

My local fish store still carries feeder guppies. I buy a handful of them to breed for my African Clawed Frogs, or to open the gene pool in my fiance's fancy guppy tank. I get them for 10 cents each.
  4. _Sushi_

RBPs names. What you guys think?

"Hello Kitty. Goodbye Kitty." tell her you'l compromise at "Kitty", BUT make it the biggest, ugliest catfish that you've got the space for! I kinda wish I could do that, it'd be hilarious!
  5. _Sushi_

Carrot cupcakes, dark chocolate with peanut butter frosting (didn't work out right, redo), and dewey cupcakes. Maybe I'll start naming my fish after my favorite flavors.... hmmm.....
  6. _Sushi_

The Sushi gets annoyed when people assume incorrectly, especially when she's having a bad day and decided to come back from hiatus. However, I'm baking at the moment, and I'm starting to feel better. As I said though, as the owner, it's what sounds cool to you.
  7. _Sushi_

Good Piranha Names

Next trio of any species I get will be "This" "That" and "The Other"...
  8. _Sushi_

Don't jump to conclusions. I didn't say anyone was heckling him about the names. It's the same thing I say to anyone who is worried about what other people will say about a pet's name. I'm also fairly sure he's new to the Piranha subforum, otherwise if he knew my fish's name, he wouldn't be...
  9. _Sushi_

Catfish tankmate for redbellied pirahana?

Even plecos can fall prey to a solo red belly. every tank mate you try can be hit or miss. I have 6 tiger barbs and 2 cories with mine, but started with 7 barbs, 3 cories. "Never house a fish that you would mind losing with a piranha"
  10. _Sushi_

If YOU like the names, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks; They're not the ones who have to say them, and they're not buying the food! lol I named my solo red Peek-a-Boo, for her amazing hide 'n' seek skills. The fiance thought she was missing yesterday.
  11. _Sushi_

"Eskapay", hey! That looks a lot like "Escape"!

See? I have to fill with buckets, so I'm quitting for now. Cleaning rabbit pens isn't nearly as strenuous as water changes, or toddlers! And since I can't get rid of the toddler, the fish has to go.
  12. _Sushi_

No, Kitchen sink is all screwy, my dad had to come out and jury rig it the other day.
  13. _Sushi_

I don't even use buckets to drain the water, the tank is by a window. But I do have to use them to refill, otherwise I'd have to put peek into the cooler, along with the dithers, and refill with the hose, and wait for the water to warm up because it's 50 deg from the hose.
  14. _Sushi_

Someone just texted me and asked if she could be housed with a red tail shark, a JD, and 2 big oscars... -facepalm-
  15. _Sushi_

we use a hose for draining, but the tank is too far from a faucet to use the hose to fill it. The outside hose reaches, but it's way too cold, so I'd still have to use buckets. There isn't anything they can give me for the pain, nothing works, Mike does epsom soaks, and massage, and I can...
  16. _Sushi_

My back is getting so bad that lifting the buckets is extremely painful. Especially after he dumped a bag of fish food in and I had to drain half the tank, and my water is still really cloudy, so it needs another change, which I can't do. I really messed it up the other day, to the point where...
  17. _Sushi_

I ended up deciding to get rid of her, between the problems with my back, my meds, my toddler trying to climb the stand, and with school (and work if i'm lucky) coming up... I can't keep up. She's listed on here and CL.
  18. _Sushi_

Which is the better footprint for RBP

Bruner basically told you that it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other (same difference) on the original tanks. Mostly it's whatever you're comfortable with, and what you think will give them enough space to swim.
  19. _Sushi_

Channel Catfish

Just got a young pair of channel cats (6-7"), and I'm wondering what size tank they'll need in the long run, and also how long it should take for them to finish growing? Thanks in advance.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store