Search results

1. R

90 gallon

I have not been on MFK in quite some time. Here is my current set up. I used to be more into it a couple years back, but I hope you like the pictures. 2 African leaf, orange Severum and some of the upper jaw species of polypterus. I've had all these fish for several years. -Mike Sent from...
  2. R

My planted tank.

Thanks. Lighting is a marineland LED with timer. they are nice but I do get a little more algae than I did with the t5. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  3. R

My planted tank.

Here is a picture of my 30 gallon planted tank, It's been set up for a few years now. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  4. R

200g Tank Stocking

African leaf fish would look nice, and would get along great. The Oscars would raise your bioload really high. One of the smaller species of knife fish possibly, or angel fish.
  5. R

Whats your favorite freshwater rod and reel?

As long as it doesn't feel like a broom stick. I feel like as long as I'm catching and not fishing it doesn't matter what rod I have. lol But something in the 7 ft and $100 range. St. Croix Fenwick are nice. Has to break into 2 pieces or it is worthless to me. I perfer a longer rod, medium light...
  6. R

Monster Steelhead 34 3/4 inches.

I caught and released this big jack. It took a salted minnow and is the largest steelhead that I have ever caught. I caught it in 20 mile creek , tributary to Lake Erie in Pennsylvania. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  7. R

Crypt tank

I've been working on this for a while, crypts are starting to get nice and thick.I have endlers #2 cherry shrimp cardinals rice fish. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  8. R

Just picked up my mounted yellow perch.

I caught this yellow perch out of the boat last st. patty's day. I missed the Pennsylvania state record, but it is the biggest I have ever caught. It was 15 inches and 2 pounds 6 ounces. It doesn't have the same yellow belly, but it still turned out pretty nice. It shrunk a little bit. I took a...
  9. R

My Captive bred delhezi

Hopefully the attachment works.. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  10. R

My Captive bred delhezi

Here are some pictures of my captive delhezi, I've always enjoyed the pattern on this one. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  11. R

Been Ages!

I like it, no better name or that turtle either. Welcome back
  12. R

Breeding Ornates

What are you feeding? i feed sinking gold and chopped shrimp in the winter time. And advice would be to try and limit stress as much as you can, light is dim, and room doesn't look busy which is good.
  13. R

Which NLS pellet? opinions?

Agree with above, be careful feeding large diameter pellet size. I have had bichir choke on large 10mm pellets. Retropinnis and Delhezi. Sometimes this happens because they are greedy and try and grab multiple before swallowing. I had a little trouble with NLS, but more so with Hikari's...
  14. R

Breeding Ornates

Congrats on the hatch.
  15. R

Pictures of Moke.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you guys like it. It is always especially active for a few days after water changes. Swimming all around.
  16. R

Pictures of Moke.

Here are some pictures of my moke bichir, I've had it for a few years now. 8 or 9 inches long. Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
  17. R

teugelsi....unique polypterid?

I don't have any recent pictures of my teugulsi, I haven't been home in a while due to work, but I like to check mfk still because I like to see setups and stay involved in the hobby. You can check my past threads if you guys want. I don't recognize any of your names other than cohazard. I am an...
  18. R

teugelsi....unique polypterid?

They look kind of like rope fish when small, but mine is 22'' long. They don't look like rope fish to me, they look like a larger longer upper jaw bichir. They get pretty thick at that size. They are good at finding food, but from my experience a delhezi is just as capable.
  19. R

Palmas Palmas and Palmas Buettikoferi

They may get that big in the wild, but from my experience. My 2 palmas palmas have topped out around 11-12'' and are thick, palmas b is skinnier, and around 11'. Neither of these species seems eats as aggressively as a delhezi, ornate, or teugulsi. They like to grab a piece of fish, and hide...
  20. R

Plants that don't need aquarium soil

could try dwarf sag, it is grassy and stays around 6 inches. I have it without c02 and no soil either.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store