Search results

1. titansfever83

Best source for Koi Angel Fish

I'm setting up a 180 gallon and have decided to go with Koi Angelfish as a centerpiece. ... I've been out of the hobby for several years so please drop a few reliable sources to search. I've checked aquabid but would rather buy from a trusted breeder. I do want 50+% color if that matters. TIA.
  2. titansfever83

30g cube w/Dragon Stone and CO2

Hardscape #3... gonna role with this one for now. Decided to go dry start so it will be a few weeks before I update again. Plants arrive in 2 days. But I'm mainly posting now to ask of a decent high tech light for a 20" tall aquarium(approximately 15" to lowest planned carpet plant. I like...
  3. titansfever83

These pictures are of rescape #2, lol. First was horrible, this one is not perfect. Probably be a #3 & 4 before water goes in. I almost went with Seiyru but last minute changed to Dragon stone for the vertical look. As far as inhabitants... that's not decided yet. I'm taking my time on...
  4. titansfever83

Definitely not going for natural so much but wanting to make the viewers eyes wonder around and them picture themselves walking on the "carpet" to the cave or up top where I'll have a small carpet area(just left of center above cave)
  5. titansfever83

Kinda want to document this journey here since it's my first high tech tank. Plan to cover all bagged rocks with Aquasolum and a few ledges between pieces of dragon stone.... also i will only be using a carpeting plant(exact species not decided yet). The foreground will be sand that is very...
  6. titansfever83

Custom aquarium lights

Are there any custom aquarium light manufacturers? Just found out my old(but still working) "buildmyled" light company now does horticulture rather than aquarium lights. Any suggestions or brands to look at for a newbie getting into co2 injection?? Setting up a 30gal cube tank.
  7. titansfever83

Hardscape vendor suggestions

I've been out of the hobby far too long and have lost touch with the "go to" suppliers for rocks. Currently setting up a 30gal with CO2. Who do you suggest for items like Dragon Stone and Seiyru stone?
  8. titansfever83

Is a tall aquarium dangerous?(pic)

Thanks everyone, I'm not concerned about my floor, I should have specified that... my concern is that front/back panel is 48x54... seems like it would bow a lot putting stress at the joints. I've just never seen an aquarium with that large of a panel. Sure your typical rectangle shape...
  9. titansfever83

Is a tall aquarium dangerous?(pic)

Someone is selling this locally and I'm on the fence because I'm unaware of height/pressure. It is definitely priced right which scares me too, lol. Acrylic. 48x54x24 What say you?? I think it looks cool.
  10. titansfever83

Getting back in the hobby after 7+ yrs. Southeast USA tank manufacturer suggestions

It's been a minute guys... I was was extremely active on this forum back in the late 2000s and early 2010s so needless to say, I have not kept up with the general knowledge of good/bad tank manufacturers lately. My general footprint range I'm looking for is 4x2x2 up to 8x3x3. I think I'd...
  11. titansfever83

Slip or Thread or a combination of both?(sump plumbing)

Thanks deeb! I watched a couple of videos on the BRS website, and they seem to really love the unions. Even after you glue the slip, you can reposition an elbow if you have a union next to it. It's more fittings to buy and use but BRS says they make maintenance much easier.
  12. titansfever83

No pics of the Opae Ula tank yet. I just got them. Rays are on my bucket list, but I'm gonna wait until me and my wife build our next house. Just tinkering with the shrimp for now, I work out of town 5 days a week so not a good time to have big tanks right now. I'll be sure to post up pics...
  13. titansfever83

Thanks JK47! I'm kinda in a pickle with my stand size(25"x25" with a 24"x24" 50g cube on it) NO ROOM!!!! The sump is 20"x10". I'm still on the fence, but I'm considering going with tubing as much as I can. The bulkheads on the tank are drilled in the center at the back of the tank. I would...
  14. titansfever83

Aqueon ProFlex Sump users???

I was thinking around a 750gph. the one you listed is 1100gph. The model 1 sump I'm looking at says it's rated 550gph. I have used a Rio pump before and was impressed with performance, price, and longevity. I may go that route again! Thanks DIDYSIS!!!
  15. titansfever83

what have you all seen to be easier to assemble/disassemble, maintenance, etc. when plumbing a reef ready tank to a sump? Did you use all SCH40 or barbed fittings with tubing?
  16. titansfever83

All three holes are 2"(so a 1" SCH80 bulkhead with 1.88" OD threads) and I think the intake for the sump I want is 1"
  17. titansfever83

what pump would you suggest for this sump on a 50g? The tank has two intakes and 1 return(I will probably cap one of the intakes because the Model 1 sump only has one intake) Is it common to install an inline valve on the return to control water flow?
  18. titansfever83

Thanks for the replies! I thought about DIY "didysis" but I do plan to eventually turn this into a saltwater tank, so the added cost for a manufactured sump with it's versatility is worth it to me in the long run. Plus it will fit in my stand! So will a DIY sump 10g tank but I'm so busy...
  19. titansfever83

Aqueon ProFlex Sump Filtration System Model 1 http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aqueon-modular-proflex-sump-filtration.html Thinking of getting this for my 50g cube(24x24x20). It will be a freshwater tank. The reason I'm leaning towards this particular one is the versatility for future...
  20. titansfever83

HID Conversion kits.... some Q & A

I'm wanting to add some HID lights to my Ford F150. I'm a little confused at the extremely cheap prices on Ebay and the outrageous prices on various truck accessory websites. I found a "Bi-Xenon" kit for around $100 on ebay. Other sites are $400-600. My headlights are a single bulb with...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store